After 2 fights @ 170..Mcgregor won't be able to make 145 anymore: agree or disagree?

He will make the weight, but its just how effective he will be and how well his body will handle it after going up and down like that.

Replace "will" with "could" and I agree.

Chances are very slim that Conor drops down again and risks having Aldo take away the one win that made him special.

I don't think it's a can or can't thing, I just don't think he wants to compete at 145 anymore. He used to always talk about winning the belt and moving up.

I think he only goes back to FW if Nate beats him a second time.

STFU. If Christian Bale can make the cut for The Machinist, Conor will make the death cut to defend his title. That is what true champions do.

He will make the weight, but its just how effective he will be and how well his body will handle it after going up and down like that.

This is the answer^^^.

Jones-counter-ruiz.gif

tarver-anim.gif

Y'all must've forgot.

said it for a while now, i dont think he will ever compete at 145 again.

I know the ufc suits want Conor to beat Diaz so he can stay at 170 long enough to hype up GSP VS CONOR. However if Conor is ever going to be view as the best or great he must defend the his title.

I don't think it's going to be impossible to make it back down to 145, but i think it may be so damned difficult that Conor says fuck it, and relinquishes that belt. He was having trouble making that weight before moving up, it's going to be an absolute nightmare after adjusting to competing at 170.

I think you are asking the wrong question. Can he make it he weight , sure he can . Is there a point in him making it ? No of course not , he already beat Aldo in the most extreme way imaginable , in my eyes nothing can top a 13 second one punch KO. He is in this game for money not for titles or legacy. After Diaz wrecked his legitimacy he has already started to stir the WWE pot . He will fight some like he always has but will promote himself even more like he always has . The greatness of Connor never was his abilities (as amazing as they are) his greatness has always been in his self promoting. Im looking forward to see if he becomes the highest paid MMA fighter in history , raising the pay of everybody else in the process .

I can't predict the timeline but that hard cut is unhealthy and it will eventually catch up to him no matter how well he does it.

Disagree

HE'LL PUT SOME SUGAR ON ALDO'S HEAD AGAIN

MAKE MY WORDS

will be interesting to see what happens after 202 the original plan was to have conor be a 2 weight champ at the same time

i still see that as conors and ufcs goal since they let him have the rematch if he wins i have no doubt he will fight the lw champ on the NY card

but what happens if he loses to nate? cant give him a shot at the lw title and with every 145 title defense theres a 50-50 chance of losing that belt making it even harder to be a 2 weight ufc champ

i think he can make 45 no problem his two 170 fights he was 170 on fight night meaning lw weight he probably was around 10 lbs heavier compared to his 145 fight night weights

Back