After 13 years, I re start with BJJ

PowerSource

Judo and BJJ Black Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
13 years ago, Rickson Gracie gave me a blue belt after rolling with me. From that time, I would go and roll with some BJJ guys, but never really want to go deeper into it since my thing was purely judo. I recently started officially training with Carlson Gracie Jr and his 2nd degree BB Daniel Wanderley. I am really having a blast training with these guys. Since my club participates in BJJ tournaments, I became an associate club, so, my students can actually be ranked in BJJ by Carlson Gracie.

Welcome back to the darkdide I guess? Seems like you needed to get that off your chest.

Congrats. Good for you. Enjoy!

You're not going to have to change your name to "BJJInMotion" now are you? lol

Glad you're enjoying your re-discovery. Flow with the go, brother.

Are you training at Jr's downtown academy then?

Welcome to the affiliation.

I have a lot of respect for judo. I took it for a year. There were plenty of guys with groundwork every bit equal to BJJ. If I had infinite time, I would train in both.

Wait, Rickson rolled with you once and said, here's your blue belt?

I'll probably will have to change my other screen name LOL
I am enjoying it, its easier on my old abused body!
I train BJJ in downtown, in the mornings. I am kind of rusted but slowly I feel I am loosing up a bit. I have judo's muscle memory and I try not to do anything judo related while in class, but sometimes I find my self gripfighting too much or going for makura kesa gatame which is very abnormal for BJJ. I am having a great time!

When I rolled with Rickson, I was already a Judo BB and I used to roll with BJJ guys all the time back in the days in Brazil.

You could be a top top blackbelt by now if you stuck at it.

You could be a top top blackbelt by now if you stuck at it.

You can be a top anything if you work hard at it for 13 years. can't dwell on the past, gotta just move forward.

You can be a top anything if you work hard at it for 13 years. can't dwell on the past, gotta just move forward.
Agreed! I'm not worrying about belts, just to roll, get as much knowledge as I can and be as smooth as I can be. I am 45 and way to much wear and tear on my body, but still get some juice.

I have to say, "Cool story, bro..."

Yeah, we're too old for judo!!! (43)

Judo was created because jujitsu was too dangerous. Jiu jitsu was created because judo is too dangerous...

what u mean judo was to dangerous and then jiu jitsu was to dangerous?

I have to say, "Cool story, bro..."

Yeah, we're too old for judo!!! (43)

Judo was created because jujitsu was too dangerous. Jiu jitsu was created because judo is too dangerous...
Well, since we start from our knees, BJJ is easy on my body because I don't have to take falls! If I get caught in something, I tap! In judo, you can't tap in the middle air expecting the other guy to put you back on your feet!:D

BJJ is easy on my body because I don't have to take falls! If I get caught in something, I tap! In judo, you can't tap in the middle air expecting the other guy to put you back on your feet!:D

LOL Best quote ever !

Well, since we start from our knees, BJJ is easy on my body because I don't have to take falls! If I get caught in something, I tap! In judo, you can't tap in the middle air expecting the other guy to put you back on your feet!:D

This is sig worthy.

Congradulations! I'm a Judo guy too, although my knowledge is severely limited. I'm glad your having fun with your BJJ!

Back