After 1 month ...still have a few questions

ChUtEBoXWaNnAbE

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys

its been almost a month since i came here for advice , things have been going great with my routine, alot of great workouts and decent results

i still have many newbie questions i need answered,

when accumulating total weight....how much does the olympic bar weigh? and is this included in everyones totals?dumb question i know...sorry in advance, but im not a strong man and every pound matters to my bench/dl/squat

im also finding my form to be getting worse on the DL, i know im rounding my freakin back and im having trouble stoping myself, any helpful hints?

how long should i continue using Carnals routine before changing things up?

lastly i have to give thanks to Carnal and Urban, both pointed me in the right direction for my new routine and both were very helpful with my newb questions when i first came in here

now i gotta go over to the supplement forum and do the same...now that i finally got my eating habits in order, its time for some creatine or something to really start packing on some pounds

total weight gained in 3 weeks...2.5 lbs

my goal is 15 lbs gained before xmas...can i do it healthy?

once again...Thanks guys

Oly bars traditionally weigh 20kg/45lbs you do get them lighter and heavier tho. Always include the bar weight unless you have a special technique where you dont lift the bar, just the plates.

Stop increasing the weight if you're rounding your back, work on lifting with the correct posture, dont increase the weight until you have the form down. You may also want to do some more direct low back work such as back extensions, that may help. Also working on your hip mobility/glute activation.

15lbs by christmas, i dont think thats possible without putting on a fair bit of blubber. I wouldnt worry too much about creatine. Stick to protein/weight gain powders and good clean food, lots of it.

PikeKing said:
Oly bars traditionally weigh 20kg/45lbs you do get them lighter and heavier tho. Always include the bar weight unless you have a special technique where you dont lift the bar, just the plates.

Stop increasing the weight if you're rounding your back, work on lifting with the correct posture, dont increase the weight until you have the form down. You may also want to do some more direct low back work such as back extensions, that may help. Also working on your hip mobility/glute activation.

15lbs by christmas, i dont think thats possible without putting on a fair bit of blubber. I wouldnt worry too much about creatine. Stick to protein/weight gain powders and good clean food, lots of it.

45 lbs...excellent ...this makes sense, i didnt know for sure

I noticed as soon as i went up in weight is when my form got shady for my DL, im gonna have to drop back down in weight and correct this

i got 2.5 lbs in the last 24 days, with my diet now in order, all the correct protein and calorie intake i think i can come close

wish me luck and thanks for your help

Don't add weight to the 45 Lb olympic bar till you can get the form right.

15 LBS by decemer is not feasible, unless you wanna be a fat ass!

whats a reasonable goal to set then?

if 15 is outta the question

10 should be fine?

as for the DL, im gonna work on that asap...thanks for the pointers

any and all advice is appreciated ...keep it coming

ChUtEBoXWaNnAbE said:
whats a reasonable goal to set then?

if 15 is outta the question

10 should be fine?

as for the DL, im gonna work on that asap...thanks for the pointers

any and all advice is appreciated ...keep it coming

haha i was wondering the exact same thing. i need to be able to set a reasonable goal, but have no idea how much my body is capable of changing.

Im not sure how exactly you're trying to gain your weight Chute, if you're eatting REALLY clean, or not trying to put on anything but muscle, but I don't think 10 lbs by December is a ridiculous goal. As long as you're willing to put some fat on your frame as well.

how much really is 10 lbs of muscle? i think i underestimate how much mass it is

10 lbs of muscle is a lot man, especially only putting on lean muscle if you're already at a low body fat. I'd recommend putting on some beef, then losing the fat if you're serious about gaining muscle and putting up bigger numbers in a short amount of time.

yea thats exactly what my bro is doing, but i constantly do cardio so i guess i wont be doing that.

ya im eating healthy trying to pack on 10-15 lbs of muscle

ive only been using protein shakes as supps so far

i was thinking of starting creatine, but have gotten mixed reviews so far

any imput on this?

Meh, I've used it but the extra water weight I've put on hasn't helped me much as far as sports are concerned. I've had more success eating everything in sight, lifting, and light cardio while still doing sports. Plus creatine is pretty expensive. What kind of creatine are you thinking of purchasing Chute?

the mono - somthing- shit

i cant recall the name now

the nutrition lady had me sold on it...thats for sure

i already eat everything in site...i have a high freakin metabolism, i must

cause i eat whatever i want and cant gain weight

Ah...creatine monohydrate. I've heard decent things about creatine ethyl esther, but I really think unless you're taking roids, your workouts, food intake, and sleep patterns are way more important than supplements. One of the best way to pack on weight I've found is drinking calories. Instead of always drinking water, drink gatorade, At dinner have some whole milk, just drinking extra calories can have a major affect on how much weight you put on.

ChUtEBoXWaNnAbE said:
the mono - somthing- shit

i cant recall the name now

the nutrition lady had me sold on it...thats for sure

i already eat everything in site...i have a high freakin metabolism, i must

cause i eat whatever i want and cant gain weight
Yeah, I'm on creatine monohydrate seems to work for me, I cycled off for a few weeks recently so I could lose the water weight for a competition and found i was getting much more sore after workouts and was'nt capable of the same volume.

What's your eating plan like? Personally, I' go for 5 lbs as that is attainable.

5 more lbs?

that would be 8 total pounds in 3 months

i got 3 lbs packed on in the last 3 weeks to a month......so another 5 seems reasonable

It takes time to pack on pouunds. Its easy for a newbie but after a while, it gets harder.

onslaught61 said:
how much really is 10 lbs of muscle? i think i underestimate how much mass it is

Go to the meatcase of your local grocery store and look for a 10 lb. roast or brisket. That should give you an idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back