Afriqiyah Airlines Airbus A320 hijacked, redirected to Malta - update: all passengers free

JDragon

Lawn and Order!
@Gold
Reaction score
Developing

Update:

An airliner on an internal flight in Libya has been hijacked and diverted to Malta, according to local media.

Reports said the Airbus A320 operated by the state-owned airline Afriqiyah Airways had 118 people on board. The hijacker claimed to be in possession of a hand grenade, the Times of Malta reported.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ys-passenger-plane-hijacked-diverted-to-malta

I call bullshit. There will be dozens of folks applying for asylum.

Update 2 (via Germany's Spiegel Online):

Only 111 passengers - 82 male, 28 female, 1 kid.

2 hijackers.

They say all passengers can go if demands are met (unclear what these are).

One hijacker said he was a supporter of Gaddafi

Last edited:
Apc34v2.gif

Need details...

...NOW!!

Apparently threatening to explode the plane if his demands are not met. The plane has already landed in Malta, so there is no threat of crashing atleast.

No idea what these demands actually are, possibly the release of captured jihadists?

I hope everybody survives and the kidnappers are killed.
Need some good news before Christmas.

Developing

Probably white patriarch gang.

Hopefully nothing comes of this and it's just a prank bro.

Seriously, I hope everyone is safe and gets to spend the holidays with their family.

What's Malta special forces like? Hopefully they bring in a mossad team.

Malta is an island south of Italy btw

What's Malta special forces like? Hopefully they bring in a mossad team.

There's a reason why the plane landed on Malta and it's because it is not a very militarized area.

However they do have a special forces team of some note, which took part in operations against Somali pirates.

Germany should make up for their failures in the Anis Amri case and send GSG9 for free, they did a good job with planes in Somalia

2:05 will do it

They had success in killing Somali pirates, but I'm not sure how such competition stacks over here. Probable jihadists, with allegiance towards ISIS or other Libyan jihadist groups, possibly armed with a bomb device.

i'm surprised the "thoughts and prayers" people have not flooded the thread yet.

Good choice, Malta's are delicious...oh wait...
FDRRAOSH1KH9R4V.SMALL.jpg

Back