African lions introduced into North America, success or not?

African Lions would probably have to deal with a lot of systemic prejudice which would result in higher crime rates, lower standard of living and social issues. While large cats introduced from Asia - like Tigers, would do much better, after being introduced into north America, have a good rate of success in higher education and open more local businesses.

I remember some politician here in OZ floating the idea of introducing African Elephants to the top end of Australia to stop them going extinct.

I remember some politician here in OZ floating the idea of introducing African Elephants to the top end of Australia to stop them going extinct.

There are hidden rhino reservations here now, in case the Africans finish theirs off.

Probably getting a little bit silly now but how about some African lions relocated into North America?
Would they be top of the food chain or would it be the bear?
Maybe they'd evolve thicker hair for the Winter months then lose some of it in the warmer part of the year?
They use to have lions in America that they called North American Lions, that were the biggest lions in history.
They went extinct long ago but they were bigger than the lions in Africa

They'd be in competition with mountain lions, bears, and wolves.

I don't have a problem with any animals being raised in captivity for food. As long as they are raised and killed humanely. What's the difference between raising and killing cattle vs raising and killing lions?
trophic levels would make it ineffecient.
maxresdefault.jpg

This is the reason no culture eats carnivores unless out of necessity or as part of a cultural ritual.

Siberian tigers would probably do okay--they live in similar terrain and climate as mountain lions.

They would become the apex predator. Lion isnt backing down from a bear. The bear would be the one running.

Back