'Afflueza' Strikes Again

So just based on hearsay he got 4 months? I will admit the article is lacking, but how did he get 4 months?

The article does mention SC3 confessing to the mother, but since the mother or daughter didn't testify I am assuming he confessed to police. How could he get convicted otherwise?

He got a plea deal because the prosecution could still take him to court with just the allegations. He recognized that even though the mom and step-daughter wouldn't be testifying, there's still the chance he gets convicted of something. So the prosecution got 4 months because that's what he was willing to take to avoid the complete risk of a conviction.

People get convicted all of the time without witness testimony. It's much harder but not impossible. Juries are very difficult to predict and will convict for reasons that have nothing to do with the proof before them. So everyone in a criminal case is weighing the odds. I think the prosecution did a good job getting him to voluntarily take a plea deal of any sort.

The plea deal he struck was pretty sweet. Huber privileges after two months and he doesn't have to register as a sex offender. Rather disgusting story.

Its safe to say USA is a corrupt nation no better than ex-soviet oligarch controlled states.

Affluenza is when somebody grows up so hyper-privileged they supposively lack the ability see how morals, ethics, rules, and laws apply to them.

There is no question that a legal think tank for rich people created this concept, then paid doctors and other legal people to start using the lingo.

Affluenza is when somebody grows up so hyper-privileged they supposively lack the ability see how morals, ethics, rules, and laws apply to them.

There is no question that a legal think tank for rich people created this concept, then paid doctors and other legal people to start using the lingo.

If that's what Affluenza is then I know almost the entire younger generation suffers from it regardless of social class.

If that's what Affluenza is then I know almost the entire younger generation suffers from it regardless of social class.

True, but it only applies to the affluent.

Their is no such thing as bluecholera.

you know what I meant. walks because of affluenza or because his money and influence is more important than the life of the dead victim.

You don't think that applies to OJ? I think it's pretty dead on.

Back