1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

AEW / WWE / All others Pros & Cons

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling Discussion' started by MMAGA, Dec 29, 2021.

1. MMAGA Belt of Truth

WWE Pros: Great video library from previous events. Solid matches/highspots in their major PPVs (WrestleMania, SummerSlam, etc.).

WWE Cons: Production is too much...it doesn't feel like a wrestling event, rather a football game, especially on television. Recently attended RAW, and it seems like all the lights/lasers/big screens take away from the wrestling in the ring.

AEW Pros: Young, fresh talent. Many, if not most Dynamite/Rampage matches are pretty solid. Fans don't seem to be too fickle, yet.

AEW Cons: Virtue signaling (Nylo Rose, Dante Martin's "BLM" armband, Sony Kiss, etc.).

These are my go-to's, so I can't touch on ROH, AAA, IMPACT, etc. too much.

Small Town Andrew and Rebelfett like this.
  2. El Moose Brown Belt

WWE Pros: Great video library (agreed), Brock, Some promising young talent (Bron, Tony D'Angelo, All of the Diamond Mine but Strong), Wrestlemania's still the big show, Most of the ladies roster is attractive and if not at least they can work

WWE Cons: Killing the network and putting it on Peacock, 50-50 Booking & stop-start pushes due to the fear someone might get bigger than the brand, Hoarding Talent they clearly had no use for, Pretty much every decision that can be traced back to Stephanie

AEW Pros: It gives wrestlers another place to work and get exposure, Owner is fully invested, Tag team wrestling is taken seriously, It's nice to see veterans like Sting, Jake, Arn & Tully

AEW Cons: Owner is a delusional money mark. Stables, Stables everywhere. Their "Elite" talent are mid-carders at best but I guess that's more of an indictment of the business as a whole.

Impact Pros: They're still around, Gives wrestlers another place to work, Not afraid to go completely off the rails creatively

Impact Cons: Basically considered a cockroach at this point

MLW Pros: Hammerstone, The Von Erichs and Jacob Fatu are fucking stars, Remnants of Lucha Underground, Alicia Atout

MLW Cons: Vice Deal didn't do shit for them, Don't seem to have grander aspirations

NWA Pros: This doesn't seem like a vanity project for Billy Corgan

NWA Cons: Not even a youtube show and I'm not paying for a Trevor Murdch vs. Mike Knox main event

sleepwalk, D.R.H. and Rebelfett like this.
  3. Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

WWE Pro: Their top HW is not only the best current all around Monster in ring worker in the business but is also the most legit Monster with UFC gold and NCAA All American honors.

4. Rebelfett P4P Worst Mod on Sherdog Staff Member Senior Moderator

ROH pro: willing to die to support their wrestlers
    ROH con: died from supporting their wrestlers

5. D.R.H. If you haven't heard...I'm the best! Staff Member Senior Moderator

6. King Cruelty King of Oceania

AEW con. Its starting to look a lot like WCW. Roster is bloated and they have 4 shows and still cant get everyone on.

the Kowboy, Maréchal and Batjester like this.
  7. White Whale Brown Belt

WWE - Pros Champions that have the build and size that make you take them seriously. The recent signings are bigger with athletic backgrounds with a lot potential putting WWE in a good position in the future.

WWE - Cons the writers seem to constantly screw up wrestlers gimmicks with stupid story lines and ending pushes or feuds for no apparent reason.

AEW - Pros Offers wrestlers health insurance and gives them more of say with their characters. Has some solid talents.

AEW - Cons Trying to make everyone wrestler a superstar will never work. Generally smaller wrestlers with some looking like they have never seen the inside of a gym. Way too many wrestlers doing ridiculous spots such as outside dives in matches, it loses it's appeal if it's done weekly.

D.R.H. likes this.
  8. Small Town Andrew Brown Belt

The biggest con for both company's is womens wrestling are plastered all over the shows. They have proven to not draw if you look at wrestling history and how many people use to watch every week. I cant stand it so it's always a huge turn off for the shows. Like I wouldnt watch the WNBA either because they suck. Same thing with womens wrestling. I understand some people like it and that's ok but it's just horrible to me.

The biggest pro for me is the WWE network on peacock. I watch great wrestling every night with almost endless content. When I were a kid I would have probably killed someone for the WWE network lol

9. warriorsplay You can run but you can’t hide

Would signing Cena, Rock or Austin make AEW the NWO WCW?

10. El Moose Brown Belt

I think there's an audience for it but it's really niche. I don't think they need to go back to 2 min matches but I'm not sure there's a way to put the genie back in the bottle without the women wrestlers, women in the audience and cuck marks whining about representation. Clearly outside of a few notable exceptions they can't book anything interesting for these ladies and even if they could....most of them couldn't pull it off anyway (goes for the men too)

D.R.H. and Small Town Andrew like this.
  11. the Kowboy I'll make you Famous Staff Member Senior Moderator

WWE Pro - Dewdrop
    WWE Con - Dewdrop

12. BEAST dream within a dream

What’s wrong with stables? I fucking love stables.

GoldenAzazel and Bobby 3 Sticks like this.