AEW: All Out

WHO IS FOOKIN GOING OVER?!

• Jericho

• Hangman

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes. However, this time it's personal.

giphy.gif

Did the Bucks disrespect a mask? Which, I've heard, are sacred in lucha.

Didn't the Bucks already beat the Lucha Bros. in a championship bout? I thoughts wins and losses were going to matter in AEW.

Jericho should win. Kind of feel they've done a poor job of building Hangman as a legitimate world title holder.
And the Lucha Bros beat the Bucks in the rematch
This is the blowoff
I think you may not understand what wins and losses mattering means

And the Lucha Bros beat the Bucks in the rematch
This is the blowoff
I think you may not understand what wins and losses mattering means

I must have missed that match, Pete. So this is a beat the champs for an opportunity to face the champs situation?

I must have missed that match, Pete. So this is a beat the champs for an opportunity to face the champs situation?
That match took place in AAA
This is a Stairs Of Death! ladder match which should end the feud... for now

Its a spin on the old WWWF champion 3 match programs in the 70's where the 3rd match was always the big special match to end the feud

Plus after this you got the tag title tournament starting so you have to end the feud now and shift the focus to that

Jericho
Omega
Luchas

Are going over

That match took place in AAA
This is a Stairs Of Death! ladder match which should end the feud... for now

Its a spin on the old WWWF champion 3 match programs in the 70's where the 3rd match was always the big special match to end the feud

Plus after this you got the tag title tournament starting so you have to end the feud now and shift the focus to that

giphy.gif

The AAA bout slipped under my radar.

Jericho is not winning the inaugural AEW title match., ffs!

Seems fair. I got the boxing on tomorrow, then hopefully that'll roll into All Out. You watching any NJPW or NXT UK tomorrow?

I'm with you there dude, I'm going to gorge my rancid soul on sports and sports entertainment all Sat.

Ole Miss vs. Memphis & Toledo vs. Kentucky at noon
NXT UK 2pm
N. Carolina vs. USC 3:30pm
UGA vs. Vandy & Oregon vs. Auburn 7:30pm
Erislandy Lara vs. Ramon Alvarez 8pm
All Out ????
Fresno vs. Southern Cal. 10:30pm

I have my alarm set for 11:30am and I can't sleep with the anticipation...it will be a 3 screen (TV, Laptop, iPad) day.

If anybody missed the TNT thing last night.

I'm with you there dude, I'm going to gorge my rancid soul on sports and sports entertainment all Sat.

Ole Miss vs. Memphis & Toledo vs. Kentucky at noon
NXT UK 2pm
N. Carolina vs. USC 3:30pm
UGA vs. Vandy & Oregon vs. Auburn 7:30pm
Erislandy Lara vs. Ramon Alvarez 8pm
All Out ????
Fresno vs. Southern Cal. 10:30pm

I have my alarm set for 11:30am and I can't sleep with the anticipation...it will be a 3 screen (TV, Laptop, iPad) day.
Just realised that Polaris BJJ is on and UFC as well. I think people on Sherdog are gonna have plenty to watch today.

I tried to watch the TNT teaser show with an open mind as perhaps a first time viewer.

I am torn on the use of Moxley, Cody and Jericho. I can see people getting a TNA-lite feel from them as former WWE talent are pushed to the top. The same thing goes for million year old JR, and Schiavone. Plus we got cameos from Billy Gunn and Dustin.

Hangman Page and Kenny Omega are visually similar. One or the other might want to alter their look a bit to help a new fan differentiate.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MrnNea1zfvg/maxresdefault.jpg

The Young Bucks continue to look like geeks. The muscle poses (with no bodies) and awkward promos, combined with a Hardy Boyz vibe just doesn't work for me.

I think one issue for me is I grew up during an era of bulky fighters, where as a younger fan has come up in a world where MMA has shown us even the small guys are tough and talented. It is a disconnect I have yet to recover from.

Shawn Spears and Tully owned this show. Realistic promos building to a match with an effective background and build. Cody learned from his Dad to write the show to build up his angle as much as possible as Cody/Spears had multiple segments split up throughout.

They built Jericho up strong. Page almost has to win the title now based on the build. I don't think Jericho should be saying he has almost 29 years in the business. He keeps his look fresh, so he doesn't feel stale. Exposing his patina doesn't really aid his cause.

I tried to watch the TNT teaser show with an open mind as perhaps a first time viewer.

I am torn on the use of Moxley, Cody and Jericho. I can see people getting a TNA-lite feel from them as former WWE talent are pushed to the top. The same thing goes for million year old JR, and Schiavone. Plus we got cameos from Billy Gunn and Dustin.

Hangman Page and Kenny Omega are visually similar. One or the other might want to alter their look a bit to help a new fan differentiate.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MrnNea1zfvg/maxresdefault.jpg

The Young Bucks continue to look like geeks. The muscle poses (with no bodies) and awkward promos, combined with a Hardy Boyz vibe just doesn't work for me.

I think one issue for me is I grew up during an era of bulky fighters, where as a younger fan has come up in a world where MMA has shown us even the small guys are tough and talented. It is a disconnect I have yet to recover from.

Shawn Spears and Tully owned this show. Realistic promos building to a match with an effective background and build. Cody learned from his Dad to write the show to build up his angle as much as possible as Cody/Spears had multiple segments split up throughout.

They built Jericho up strong. Page almost has to win the title now based on the build. I don't think Jericho should be saying he has almost 29 years in the business. He keeps his look fresh, so he doesn't feel stale. Exposing his patina doesn't really aid his cause.
I'm actually a bit confused on why they didn't include the whole Omega promo in the TNT episode. You probably would have enjoyed seeing that. Here's the promo if you wanna check it out.

Going to a friend's house tonight to watch this live. Will be my first time experiencing AEW in real time. Looking forward to it even with Moxley letting me and the whole world (the whole damn world!) down.

Back