Aetna Pulling Back From Obamacare

I was promised that I could keep the insurance I already had. What happened?
yeahhhhh thats on the company you work for (who I'm assuming is providing your insurance). My guess? Cost of your plan went up, company didn't want to absorb those costs since the most likely subsidize a part of the total plans cost, and so you got the shaft on plan coverage and cost with the company blaming obamacare.

there are tons of companies that run products at a loss to keep a customer base satisfied and in tact. Thats essentially what this is. They got record profits due to getting all the new customers via obamacare, and in return had to eat losses in certain areas. You can't have your cake and eat it to. you can't say, "well i want only the benefits of this deal and none of the challenges".

Ok. are you suggesting that the government require Aetna to provide service in each and every Market?

would you also require ALL insurance companies to provide services in every Market available?

Ok. are you suggesting that the government require Aetna to provide service in each and every Market?

would you also require ALL insurance companies to provide services in every Market available?
Well I believe single payer is the best solution, so yes this moves closer to that.

But I am suggesting more clearly that Aetna can't take the benefits of ACA (expanded customer base, increased profits overall) without taking some of the losses of ACA. The company I work for currently provides a product currently at a loss of millions to a customer because that customer is a 500 million dollar customer and maintaining that relationship is important. This kind of stuff happens all the time.

Your insurance company dropped your old plan to make more money.
My insurance company was forced by Obamacare to drop my old plan because it didn't have some of the essential benefits that are required by every plan now (I don't exactly need coverage for prenatal and maternity but that's what the law says regardless of gender).

yeahhhhh thats on the company you work for (who I'm assuming is providing your insurance). My guess? Cost of your plan went up, company didn't want to absorb those costs since the most likely subsidize a part of the total plans cost, and so you got the shaft on plan coverage and cost with the company blaming obamacare.
See my previous post.

My insurance company was forced by Obamacare to drop my old plan because it didn't have some of the essential benefits that are required by every plan now (I don't exactly need coverage for prenatal and maternity but that's what the law says regardless of gender).

No it was not. You can read the text of the law and it clearly states that the minimum requirements were only for new plans. The thing the insurance companies figures out is that if they dropped the old plans for new ones with more coverage, they could also charge more.

No it was not. You can read the text of the law and it clearly states that the minimum requirements were only for new plans. The thing the insurance companies figures out is that if they dropped the old plans for new ones with more coverage, they could also charge more.
You got a source for that? I still have my cancellation letter and can scan it later on when I get home from work.

You got a source for that? I still have my cancellation letter and can scan it later on when I get home from work.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ148/pdf/PLAW-111publ148.pdf

PART II—OTHER PROVISIONS

SEC. 1251. PRESERVATION OF RIGHT TO MAINTAIN EXISTING COVERAGE.

(a) NO CHANGES TO EXISTING COVERAGE.—

(1) IN GENERAL.—Nothing in this Act (or an amendment

made by this Act) shall be construed to require that an individual

terminate coverage under a group health plan or health

insurance coverage in which such individual was enrolled on

the date of enactment of this Act.

(2) CONTINUATION OF COVERAGE.—With respect to a group

health plan or health insurance coverage in which an individual

was enrolled on the date of enactment of this Act, this subtitle

and subtitle A (and the amendments made by such subtitles)

shall not apply to such plan or coverage, regardless of whether

the individual renews such coverage after such date of enactment.

(b) ALLOWANCE FOR FAMILY MEMBERS TO JOIN CURRENT COVERAGE.—

With respect to a group health plan or health insurance

coverage in which an individual was enrolled on the date of enactment

of this Act and which is renewed after such date, family

members of such individual shall be permitted to enroll in such

plan or coverage if such enrollment is permitted under the terms

of the plan in effect as of such date of enactment.

(c) ALLOWANCE FOR NEW EMPLOYEES TO JOIN CURRENT PLAN.—

A group health plan that provides coverage on the date of enactment

of this Act may provide for the enrolling of new employees (and

their families) in such plan, and this subtitle and subtitle A (and

the amendments made by such subtitles) shall not apply with

respect to such plan and such new employees (and their families).

http://obamacarefacts.com/grandfathered-plans/

The text is directly from the law. If your insurance company told you they had to change their existing plans they lied to you and screwed you over.

PART II—OTHER PROVISIONS

The text is directly from the law. If your insurance company told you they had to change their existing plans they lied to you and screwed you over.
Thanks.

That's all it is. Obamacare was a sloppy wet bajowski to the entire insurance agency where it's mandatory they get paid. Now they want to complain that they're not making enough money? Get real!

The stock market is at record highs and they can't make any money? That's their problem.

They wanted a "Free market" and now they've got it.

Deal with it insurance companies, deal with it.

lmao, you don't understand anything. They don't operate in a free market and Obamacare is costing them billions. UHG lost like 5 BILLION dollars before they were forced to pull out of the shitty markets. None of the insurers wanted the ACA. It sucks for everyone.

PART II—OTHER PROVISIONS

There are simple workarounds where they can easily cancel your plan. Millions of people had plans get altered and then cancelled.

There are simple workarounds where they can easily cancel your plan. Millions of people had plans get altered and then cancelled.

Yes, they as in your insurance company. That's my point. It was not the law that had people losing plans, it was the insurance companies attempting to make more money.

lmao, you don't understand anything. They don't operate in a free market and Obamacare is costing them billions. UHG lost like 5 BILLION dollars before they were forced to pull out of the shitty markets. None of the insurers wanted the ACA. It sucks for everyone.

I meant the free market that is AMERICA.

And it was still a hot sticky, wet, lube filled bajowski to the insurance industry so I'm not shedding tear one for them.

Yes, they as in your insurance company. That's my point. It was not the law that had people losing plans, it was the insurance companies attempting to make more money.
Insurance companies were forced to "make more money" (revenue, not profit) out if necessity because the cost to insurers skyrocketed. Why? Because the sick and elderly love the idea of free healthcare and the average healthy, middle class worker hates the idea of paying for the sick and elderly to have free healthcare. It doesn't work, and it won't work the way it's currently designed.

Insurance companies were forced to "make more money" (revenue, not profit) out if necessity because the cost to insurers skyrocketed. Why? Because the sick and elderly love the idea of free healthcare and the average healthy, middle class worker hates the idea of paying for the sick and elderly to have free healthcare. It doesn't work, and it won't work the way it's currently designed.

Earlier I posted a link showing Aetna had posted record profits for the company as a whole. You can go look and see just about every insurance company out there has done the same since the ACA. So in short, you are dead wrong.

Obamacare is gonna collapse at some point. And it's gonna be a mess for the next president to deal with.

The whole thing was sold on lies. Most who think like me knew Obamacare wasn't gonna live up to all the promises that Obama made.

Obama is the greatest president since LBJ.

Oh and Muslims built America!!

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...major-insurers-in-pulling-back-from-obamacare

"Insurance giant Aetna will stop selling health insurance through most of the exchanges created by the Affordable Care Act in 2017 because the company said it is losing money in many of those markets.

On Monday, Aetna said it will sell individual insurance policies in only 242 counties, down almost 70 percent from 778 this year."

"But Aetna, which lost $430 million on the Obamacare plans in the first half of the year, said it may re-enter the markets in the future."

"The Department of Health and Human Services has argued that companies have themselves to blame because they set premiums too low."

~~~~~
Obamacare is still in its infancy and already falling apart
Obamacare is the single worst piece of legislation Congress has ever passed. I still can't believe Congress passed that piece of shit.

Earlier I posted a link showing Aetna had posted record profits for the company as a whole. You can go look and see just about every insurance company out there has done the same since the ACA. So in short, you are dead wrong.

They are losing money on the ACA portion though. They lost 200 million in the 2nd quarter alone.

Back