Economy Advocates say Canadians struggling with rising food costs need help from government

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This article is mostly true there are some people going through food banks and churches lining up for food in some places.

When Justin Trudeau claimed that the budget would balance itself isn't working out..
Advocates say Canadians struggling with rising food costs need help from government
The Community Food Centre in Stratford, Ont., says foot traffic has doubled at its discounted produce markets, where local produce is sold at lower prices than grocery stores. According to the centre, customers are spending twice as much at the market as they used to a few months ago.

"People come who never used to come,” said Derek Barnes, a community engagement facilitator. “And people for the first time, they're saying, ‘these prices might be too much for me.’”

Can you tell me which parts are false?

I'm guessing the false part is the actual point of the article which is the idea the government needs to set higher wages so people can afford the higher costs of living. TS does't like the idea of people getting ahead, he'd rather Trudeau deliver bags of rice to their doorstep like Chairman Xi does for him and the other slaves during their monthly lockdown.

As a person who's FAIRLY well off but not even close to rich...the prices are fucking insane in Vancouver.

I've straight up stopped eating like I used to because they're price gouging. Save On is making record profits and no one even asks why.

As a person who's FAIRLY well off but not even close to rich...the prices are fucking insane in Vancouver.

I've straight up stopped eating like I used to because they're price gouging. Save On is making record profits and no one even asks why.

Lol well your first mistake is shopping at Save On Foods. I used to work for overwaitea long ago and their entire business model is basically just "rely on people being too rich or lazy to comparison shop".

Yes inflation is still hitting people worldwide. And yes the gov should help people out

Lol well your first mistake is shopping at Save On Foods. I used to work for overwaitea long ago and their entire business model is basically just "rely on people being too rich or lazy to comparison shop".
I get a 40% discount there...but I agree

I get a 40% discount there...but I agree

Lol why are you not eating then? You are paying less than people were before inflation started going nuts.

And how the heck do you get 40% off from such a cheapskate corporation? 40% discount is just ridiculous from a grocery store. I remember employees getting absolutely NOTHING and being like criminally prosecuted for eating a single jelly bean from the bulk aisle haha. It's a well oiled machine but cheap as fuk and pretty ruthless. They basically have a fake "non striking" union that is run by Jim Pattison's nephew or some shit.

I'm guessing the false part is the actual point of the article which is the idea the government needs to set higher wages so people can afford the higher costs of living. TS does't like the idea of people getting ahead, he'd rather Trudeau deliver bags of rice to their doorstep like Chairman Xi does for him and the other slaves during their monthly lockdown.
Fantastic idea. But Perhaps you should inform the government, who has already stated doubling immigration was done specifically to curb Wage inflation(I.E paying people more)

Isn't Canada a net exporter of food? Come on, man.

Can you tell me which parts are false?
Food banks, most people go to churches etc the article doesn't mention that part. The article only mentions food bank donation centers..
Its the food bank parts most people get their foods from local worship places like a church or whatever.

Meanwhile in the halifax reddit, folks are enraged Superstore hired off duty cops as store security because it makes it harder to steal

CBC hasn't reported this yet thank you i will check out for more stories like this.

Lol why are you not eating then? You are paying less than people were before inflation started going nuts.

And how the heck do you get 40% off from such a cheapskate corporation? 40% discount is just ridiculous from a grocery store. I remember employees getting absolutely NOTHING and being like criminally prosecuted for eating a single jelly bean from the bulk aisle haha. It's a well oiled machine but cheap as fuk and pretty ruthless. They basically have a fake "non striking" union that is run by Jim Pattison's nephew or some shit.
Justin Trudeau is focused more on the "2030" agenda.
Climate friendly..

Back