Advice on training for car lifting.

Universal

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I would realy appreciate some advice on what some of you think would be the most effective lifts to perform to improve strength for car lifting . I figure Deads off the ground and from pins are a given and so are heavy wrist curls and bar holds. Eagelry awaiting your responses.
Much Thanx.

386. Let me ask you an honest question. Doe you think your reply is of any help to me?

Universal said:
386. Let me ask you an honest question. Doe you think your reply is of any help to me?

lol, just think if you were at the gym getting advice and a guy responded by saying "Pick up crap"...

386...great first post.

yeah, I'd say get strong at the dl's, I dunno what else would really help with that though, as far as car lifting goes....

Is this a reference to the strongman style event? or just walking around franco columbu style and moving people's cars around?

Tough to say as I've never actually tried to deadlift a car before. I would imagine that pulling from different heights would be your best bet but other odd object lifting would probably help even more.

at my gym one of the strongman guys practices car lifts with a pool table.
he says its good practice on grip positioning and hip movement.

Go get one of those smart cars. Practice pulling the back end off the ground. The hard part of car lifting is the top end of the lift. Once the shocks are fully extended, you still have to move a lot of weight another 20+cm to get to lockout.

Me and a friend of mine lift the ass end of cars a lot. Each person gets on one of the rear corners and grabs under bumper and in wheel well if possible. *** cars are terrible because the fucking bumpers will come right off so don't lift on the bumper.

Once you have a good grip, drive your hips FORWARD into the car and extend your legs and pull.

Should come up like a piece of cake. I can get a civic ass end off the ground with the help of a guy with a 275lb deadlift.

It's actually pretty easy to do.

Doing it by oneself will be a lot harder because you wont be able to get a decent grip. You will have to be in the middle of the back end and the bumper will either rip off or you will be trying to lift some super heavy steel car. Either case is a loser.

The heaviest car we've ever got the ass end up with was a Ford Taurus I believe. Been a while. More fun things to do is to pick the ass end up and walk it around onto the sidewalk or place it ontop of those cement blocks in parking lots.

This skill is also handy for parking in busy areas.

Numerous times we've parked a car by driving the nose in super deep then getting out and lifting/walking the ass end into the spot. 30cm of clearance on either side. The other fuckers probably couldn't get out but fuck em. They should get stronger and quit doing fucknig biceps.

Assholes.

it would be cool to do car lifts and car pulls as a workout.. then floor bench from the bumper lol

TheNerdKing said:
Go get one of those smart cars. Practice pulling the back end off the ground. The hard part of car lifting is the top end of the lift. Once the shocks are fully extended, you still have to move a lot of weight another 20+cm to get to lockout.

Me and a friend of mine lift the ass end of cars a lot. Each person gets on one of the rear corners and grabs under bumper and in wheel well if possible. *** cars are terrible because the fucking bumpers will come right off so don't lift on the bumper.

Once you have a good grip, drive your hips FORWARD into the car and extend your legs and pull.

Should come up like a piece of cake. I can get a civic ass end off the ground with the help of a guy with a 275lb deadlift.

It's actually pretty easy to do.

Doing it by oneself will be a lot harder because you wont be able to get a decent grip. You will have to be in the middle of the back end and the bumper will either rip off or you will be trying to lift some super heavy steel car. Either case is a loser.

The heaviest car we've ever got the ass end up with was a Ford Taurus I believe. Been a while. More fun things to do is to pick the ass end up and walk it around onto the sidewalk or place it ontop of those cement blocks in parking lots.

This skill is also handy for parking in busy areas.

Numerous times we've parked a car by driving the nose in super deep then getting out and lifting/walking the ass end into the spot. 30cm of clearance on either side. The other fuckers probably couldn't get out but fuck em. They should get stronger and quit doing fucknig biceps.

Assholes.

LOL. "They should get stronger and quit doing fucknig biceps. Assholes," LOL. If you were to do it on your own then where would you grip?

OpethDrums said:
it would be cool to do car lifts and car pulls as a workout.. then floor bench from the bumper lol

LOL. For sure. Cheap and convinient.

gruesome said:
Is this a reference to the strongman style event? or just walking around franco columbu style and moving people's cars around?

franco columbu style.

LCDforMe said:
lol, just think if you were at the gym getting advice and a guy responded by saying "Pick up crap"...

386...great first post.

What's your point?

Most japanese cars that are light enough to actually lift for a normal person have plastic bumpers so you will have to get a lot lower and reach under the bumper and try to grab the frame or atleast get a hold of something metal.

This will require a lot deeper stance and your body will be at a mechanical disadvantage because of the leverage involved.

I have never been able to lift a car ass end by myself because I can never get a decent grip without almost climbing under the car or ripping the bumper off.

I'd look under the car in question and see if you can find something sturdy looking and then try to grab whatever it is.

Universal said:
What's your point?
I think LCd knows it's horrible advice, but he's still tickled by it.

I imagine it'd be like lifting a huge tire... so maybe lifting a huge tire (something too big to actually flip) would help? somebody a while back was interested in car lifting, you have you consulted the schizophrenic search function? there's a chance the thread may no longer exist, but it had a bunch of ideas for training in it.

Urban said:
I imagine it'd be like lifting a huge tire... so maybe lifting a huge tire (something too big to actually flip) would help? somebody a while back was interested in car lifting, you have you consulted the schizophrenic search function? there's a chance the thread may no longer exist, but it had a bunch of ideas for training in it.

i was thinking the same, since they seem to require the same motion and whatnot.

Back