Advice on Jab

RyanMctWrestler

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Sup fellas, looking for a little advice on how I can refine my jab and really be able to throw it with more fluidity. I just feel like I force it too much, and would like to learn what I can do to produce more of a flicking (but still powerful) motion. Any advice on how to really improve my jabbing would be greatly appreciated. Also, any recommendations as far as forum members with particularly stiff, crisp, and fluid jabs would be awesome.

Another vote here for MC Paul Barman. He will have you peppering that jab in no time. And you want it out there. A constant, peppering jab.

several way to throw it, but the flicking jab usually is thrown from chest level and below you recoil it and you throw the elbow out before the fist, and you don't clench your fist. Watch some Ali or Hector Camacho for a good demonstration. If you do it right, it's a hard slap but doesn't really have a lot of power. Ali used to slice guys to ribbons with it. With the gloves that they have these days it's impossible to use it in the same way because the gloves are too stiff. They used to all be horsehair.

Thanks for the advice bros. I messaged MC Paul Barman asking him if he would drop some knowledge my way...Since 4 people mentioned him, I figured he must be the man to contact. Just curious is he really a doctor, or is the poster above me just calling him that out of respect, and to emphasis his surgical precision with the jab? I didn't address him is dr. because, well, i'm sure he would find it strange if someone he didn't know was calling him dr., if he wasn't actually a dr. LOL!.

Thanks for the advice bros. I messaged MC Paul Barman asking him if he would drop some knowledge my way...Since 4 people mentioned him, I figured he must be the man to contact. Just curious is he really a doctor, or is the poster above me just calling him that out of respect, and to emphasis his surgical precision with the jab? I didn't address him is dr. because, well, i'm sure he would find it strange if someone he didn't know was calling him dr., if he wasn't actually a dr. LOL!.

He's Larry Holmes

I am a doctor.
And yes, I'd prefer if people would refer to me as such.
I find it wildly insulting when it's left out.

I didn't save 100+ lives with these hands (ironically, ending well over a hundred lives with these fists....mainly grapplers) only to have the title of Dr. left out.

I am a doctor.
And yes, I'd prefer if people would refer to me as such.
I find it wildly insulting when it's left out.

I didn't save 100+ lives with these hands (ironically, ending well over a hundred lives with these fists....mainly grapplers) only to have the title of Dr. left out.

Sorry Dr. Barman, I truly admire you for your services to society. Anyway, the guy that i want to improve my jab in preparation for is actually a grappler as well. Any advice you can give me?

It's not as weird as you might think.

And you need to relax your shoulders more. Focus on not squaring up your shoulders and instead staying more bladed in your stance

It's as weird as you could ever imagine:

Tense up your shoulders more.
Focus on squaring up your shoulders.... if at any moment you notice your stance is 'bladed' slap your face at least 15 times.... hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back