Advice needed - Different Triangle escape

FELLA

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hello

Got caught in a triangle today and didn't know how to escape ...

Not too sure of the name of the triangle but it's not the usual triangle, this one is where your head is facing towards his feet and he pushes your head through his legs to trap it, thus you end up in a sort of 69'er position :redface:

I know I made a mistake to get caught in it firstly but when in it I'd like to know if there are any options to get out.

I pesonally like to use knee on belly to posture up and out of it. I usually use the 'opposite knee' since I am facing his feet not his head. Be careful with your free arm, if he is smart he will try to kimura you at the same time.

put your far knee on his hips (opposite of your "knee on belly" knee) and put as much pressure on his hips as you can without sacraficing your balance as you bring your trapped arm in as much as possible grabbing the pants on his leg. your other arm grabs the same leg and you push his leg away as you 'pry' yourself out using your knee on his hips, then drop to side control.

undo their feet with your free hand. it worked for me.

Sorry forgot to mention this is no-gi.

Also as his hands were free he gripped around my body making it difficult to turn out or put my knee on his body ...

knee on belly could work. as could literally sitting on his chest if your flexible enough to get your legs around.

also use the traditional escapes work.
you can post on your legs, reverse stack, and rotate him.
or just straight up rotate.

or just triangle him right back. lol.

Sorry forgot to mention this is no-gi.

Also as his hands were free he gripped around my body making it difficult to turn out or put my knee on his body ...

that makes it even easier. just push on his leg instead of grabbing the pants.

knee on belly could work. as could literally sitting on his chest if your flexible enough to get your legs around.

also use the traditional escapes work.
you can post on your legs, reverse stack, and rotate him.
or just straight up rotate.

or just triangle him right back. lol.

....this is poor advice.

Stack them to the side of the lock...keep the hands on the knee...when stacking push straight up instead at the angle your opponents hips are at

If you have a base you could try clocking away from the trapped arm. (ex. if it's your right arm and head trapped, turn your body counter-clockwise. Probably a little more difficult than some escapes if they are controlling your hips but I don't get put in that position very often so I really don't know.

Back