ADVICE NEEDED: dieting/weightloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aenome

White Belt
Reaction score
So ive been reading through these forums alot lately trying to gain insight into the best way for me to get my body to where i want it. Ive kinda put together a daily routine that has produced alot of results thus far. Let me first briefly break down where im at, aiming to get, and how im doing it, any input or suggestions in any area would be much appreciated.

First, I walk around at 260 if i eat everything and anything, and lots of it. I am not sure what size is ideal as i have never been in good enough shape to see. My main goal in this endevor is to get down below 200 and im aiming to fight around 170 if i can manage to get that low. I dont look like i weigh the 247 i weight right now at all, so im really unsure how low i can expect to be able to effectively compete in MMA at. Regardless the first part of the project is clear, i need to lose weight, lots of it, while maintaning muscle mass, so i can be as big as possible for whatever weight i reach.

Right now im simply focusing on losing body fat. To do this im following a few basic steps. First i take a multivitamin, and thermogenic dietary supplement, and use whey protien powder with water, thats it. I am being very careful to keep my caloric intake lower than my calories im burning each day. When i do excersize its things to improve my speed, strength, and explosiveness in my whole body. Im eating one meal around noon each day, thats very small and consists of a lean protien, and a vegetable. Outside of that i use my dietarys to control my appetite and focus on drinking a whole lot of water. Right now im trying to drink about 140 oz of water a day.

Im new to this whole thing and really just want to know if im taking the right steps. With what i have been doing i have felt stronger than ever, and have lost 13 pounds in about as many days. Obviously my stamina sucks, but i can improve that with eating more/ extending workouts, wich i plan to do once my ideal weight is reached.

thanks for any advice and help

My advice would be to read the stickies, they'll tell you almost everything you need to know.

Also, 1 meal a day is a REALLY bad idea, find out why by reading the stickies.

Try and get a better understanding of a proper diet from the FAQ first, specifically the 7 habits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back