advice for stained gi?

Tiger Uppercut

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
my blue speed stick deodorant melted in my gym bag and got on my gi. now i have a big blue stain on the back shoulder, any idea how to get it off? i already washed it twice, stain barely budged, am i screwed?

would it be considered disrespectful to rock a stained gi to class, lol. definitly not going to buy a new one, this thing is still awesome minus big blue stain. any input is appreciated, thanks.

Hmmm, Did you try hot water? It may shrink the Gi a little, but will help get out oily stains. Try and stay away from bleach if you can.

I have gi's with coffee stains on them, not sure how it happened, but I still wear them

soak it in the washwer with detergent or shout over night.. should take care of all your poblems/

Hmmm, Did you try hot water? It may shrink the Gi a little, but will help get out oily stains. Try and stay away from bleach if you can.

I have gi's with coffee stains on them, not sure how it happened, but I still wear them

no luck removing the coffee stains?

soak it in the washwer with detergent or shout over night.. should take care of all your poblems/

i'll give this a shot. do u mean wash it in the washing machine with dish detergent or let it soak in dish detergent? thanks

At least the stain is blue, and not brown like some of the disgusting people that I have rolled with dirty stinky gi's.

Oxyclean would be my recommendation. If your machine has a 2nd or extended soak option I would try that also.

Dont set the stain in by heat drying. Oxyxclean, Shout just dont use bleach as it will weaken the fibers and shorten your gis lifespan. I would hit the spot with stain remover and let it soak untill it came out. good luck

I turn my training partner's gis from white to pink via my red gi.

Brutal, I know.

They make stuff to remove set-in stains. I can't remember the brand I used but it worked great for getting blood out of the gi. Spray it on, rub the gi together to loosen the stain then let it soak for a while before washing it.

Also my mom has used hair spray to get out all kinds of stains over the years.

one of my instructors has a blue gi that mustve got bleach mixed in the was, it has a stained look like 80's washed jeans.....which IMO is bad ass looking. :>

shit your Gi pants it will draw attention away from the blue shoudler trust me.

worst comes to worst you can always dye it

Yup fabric dye or use a bleach pen over the area.

Back