Adverts on iPad

SoccerMom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ads are ruining Sherdog for me at the moment, especially on the iPad.

1. Ads that pop up at the bottom of the screen are making the thread titles jump around so it's hard to actually click on them at all.

2. Half the time, when you click on a thread, it skips straight to an ad, and you can't rescue the page by using the back button.

3. Or it leaves Safari completely and opens a page in the App Store, completely disrupting my goddamn browsing.

Anyone else having trouble with this? Searched for complaints but found nothing.

Might be worth opening this in the support section.

I browse on an IPad and yes it's brutal. Was worse last week, kind of calmed down. It makes you click links you don't mean to. Just wait til the page is done loading, seems to work for me.

I'm playing the worlds smallest violin just for you TS.

Does the same thing on my phone, and you'll get non-resizable ads right in the middle of the screen too.

same on my Samsung add jumps all over the place.

Same here it's opening the App Store for stupid games every second page I open. Might have to stop looking at sherdog on my phone

I've even had the blue screen of death.

I am not having the same problem. On occasion I get an ad at the bottom of the page but it doesn't move around. Maybe it's because I am in Canada. Maybe just wait an extra second until the page is fully loaded.

Who ever the twat is thAt thought that having loads of pop ups and redirections on iPads and Apple stuff is a twat,it's frustrating as hell to be redirected to a shitty slot machine site and no way of going back to the original page,sort it out sherdog. This fucking sucks.

Understandable that you guys do not like the ads and apologies for the inconvenience(s); however, as always, it's out of our control. Crave Online (the owners of the site) control the ads. You can always plat up ($30/year or $10/3 months), if the ads are that bad.

If enough people are bothered by it, is Crave online likely to find out/care?

I'd go with carrier pigeon

If enough people are bothered by it, is Crave online likely to find out/care?

I don't know any Crave people but I imagine they care about their fan base/users. However there have been tons of complaints about the ads on this site over the years. So either they have decided it was worth turning some off with the belief most would stay or they do not read the support forum and get info about this site through other means. Either way, they haven't communicated anything to us about it changing.

Back