Adverts completely taking over screen a lot making forum hard to use.

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was advised by a mod to kindly write here in regards to the forum as adverts keep coming up and taking over the forum completely which makes it hard to read, I have to keep refreshing to be able to see the forum to get rid of them with sometimes 3 of them at a time as it covers up not only the majority of the thread but the reply box too, which you can't write in while these adverts pop over (hence having to refresh).

Of course as I mentioned to the previous mod I don't mind adverts so not complaining or anything as I know you guys have members with paid accounts to avoid adverts and of course adverts help support the forum, it's just that these one's are making it hard to use when it's completely taking over the forum more often now.

I'll post a screen grab here so you can kindly see :)

Sherdog-Advert-fw.png

Just to add, this is doing it more and more now, I've just had to refresh 6 times to be able to see the forum and they keep coming up and taking over the whole page, they're making the forum unusuable and unviewable.

As I say, I know you guys have paid accounts so I understand that completely but these are really ruining the forum lately and making it unusable when it happens (which I'm sure you don't want either) so I hope you can kindly amend this somehow :)

Yeah, mine on my phone (using app) it's taking up the whole screen constsntly

Yeah, mine on my phone (using app) it's taking up the whole screen constsntly

Yeah just had to refresh 3 times again as I came on to the forum to see it, it's completely covering up the page and making it completely unusable until you can eventually see it after however many refreshes.

Is anybody kindly looking into this because this is doing it a lot now, can barely use the forum when it keeps doing it :(

Just to give you guys an idea in regards to this, I'm having to type this now without being able to see my text so sorry for any typo's haha, however it's really becoming unusable now, I'm having to constantly refresh and try read things quick before the advert comes over or to try navigate it fast before the advert covers up the forum.

Of course like I say I don't mind adverts, I know these help support the forum and it's servers etc... but this is making the forum unusable now and it's becoming constant as you can see with this video here.

Not sure if it's the same for anyone else but it's really making the forum unusable now, it's just these adverts that are doing it however I hope this helps and thanks :)

Yeah this is making the forum very tedious to use.

Every fucking time I change pages on sherdog I’m getting a double pop up ad that takes up 2/3 of my screen.

It’s been a week and I’m ready for it to fuck off.

Forum would be useless without adblock. I use it on my desktop and phone. Adblock is even an option on the default android browser.

Was there anyone left who doesn't run some sort of ad blocker? Apparently so. Get with the times.

even with ad blockers the ads are annoying and take up way to much space.

Just run an ad blocker. I was having the same problem until I turned my ad blocker on a couple of months ago. No ads whatsoever anymore.

I've tried many times over the years to not use ad blocking software, but it's just so over the top that you simply have no choice.

Hey mate, adblock will help

Yeah I've just got a new PC which I paid a lot of money for so I'm kinda not wanting to install too many things like that etc... however the guys at the forum are working on sorting it anyway as they didn't realise.

I don't mind adverts cause they support the forum and the servers etc... and we can of course pay for premium memberships however the guys at the forum obviously don't want adverts to ruin the experience for those who don't have paid accounts but they don't really know until it's mentioned cause adverts are often geographically based too and certain times etc... but they're working on it I believe so hopefully it should be alright soon.

Adverts are fine and we need them to support the forum but not in the way they're ruining it of course though I'm sure they'll sort it and we won't have to deal with the selfish advertisers anymore taking over the forum and making it unusuable lol :)

Yeah I've just got a new PC which I paid a lot of money for so I'm kinda not wanting to install too many things like that etc... however the guys at the forum are working on sorting it anyway as they didn't realise.

I don't mind adverts cause they support the forum and the servers etc... and we can of course pay for premium memberships however the guys at the forum obviously don't want adverts to ruin the experience for those who don't have paid accounts but they don't really know until it's mentioned cause adverts are often geographically based too and certain times etc... but they're working on it I believe so hopefully it should be alright soon.

Adverts are fine and we need them to support the forum but not in the way they're ruining it of course though I'm sure they'll sort it and we won't have to deal with the selfish advertisers anymore taking over the forum and making it unusuable lol :)
Same here
I decided to download it, when I started facing the same issues that you did. The forum was simply unusable. Endless redirections to different websites, huge banners popping out and blocking everything else and etc

Same here
I decided to download it, when I started facing the same issues that you did. The forum was simply unusable. Endless redirections to different websites, huge banners popping out and blocking everything else and etc

Yeah, hopefully they'll get it sorted though, I think as long as we keep them updated any adverts that are causing the forum to be unusable etc.. they'll no doubt look into as these one's are just ruining the forum completely.

I've had the one's which load up at the top and then all of a sudden you'll accidentally click them as they appear after the page loads but I'm ok with that as I just wait now and scroll a bit but these one's on the video just really make the forum completely unusable as it covers everything up within seconds and you just can't use it as you can't read anything, write anything, it's just covers the whole page in seconds but again, I think they're sorting it anyway and getting rid of them :)

Some of the ad people were really pissed off that the forum was blocking part of their ad. lol

Yeah fuck Sherdog is completely unusable on mobile look at this shit.

x9JHT1N.png

Back