Advertising energy drinks and other unhealthy garbabe at sports events is morally unacceptable

I think France recently did the right thing and banned energy drinks for minors.

Red Bull used to be ban completely in France and I think Norway because it contains taurine, just like Monster.

Funny enough, I am American but live in southern France. French people don't really drink much of that shit. You rarely see it the shops....

What if they switch to only advertising the low carb monsters TS? Would that make you happy

you're a fucking tyrant. get the fuck outta here

In this particular discussion it's stupid to say that it's not your business what other people put in their body because even if you agree with that this sort of thinking assumes that we're talking about adults. Unlike alcohol and tobacco energy drinks are available for kids and they can buy them freely. So you don't care what your kids put in the body either?

Why should society raise people's kids and not their parents?

Those ideas are the basis of any civilized society.

You come across as French or being from some other nanny-state where incompetents have to be coddled from cradle to grave to avoid running afoul of their own stupidity.

I think France recently did the right thing and banned energy drinks for minors.

Red Bull used to be ban completely in France and I think Norway because it contains taurine, just like Monster.

Funny enough, I am American but live in southern France. French people don't really drink much of that shit. You rarely see it the shops....

Well Americans are pretty XXXtreeme

In this particular discussion it's stupid to say that it's not your business what other people put in their body because even if you agree with that this sort of thinking assumes that we're talking about adults. Unlike alcohol and tobacco energy drinks are available for kids and they can buy them freely. So you don't care what your kids put in the body either?
they have fucking parents. let them decide what's best or not for their own children

I feel sorry for your future kids

they have fucking parents. let them decide what's best or not for their own children

And how can parents prevent their kids to buy that crap since it's openly available in the markets with no age restrictions (in most countries at least)?

TS is correct.

Most people in this thread have been brainwashed to drink that garbage and think it's perfectly fine.

The problem is you have young kids drinking several of those big cans of Monster energy everyday, and wearing garbage monster energy apparel. The shit is poison and no fighters are consuming this as part of their training.

And how can parents prevent their kids to buy that crap since it's openly available in the markets with no age restrictions (in most countries at least)?

Whats to keep them from getting run over by a car? There are cars everywhere!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY FREELY DRIVE DOWN THE STREET!!!!! CHILDREN ARE IN DANGER!!!!!!!! ZOMGGGGG. Quit encouraging abdicating responsibility. It's called supervision.

When I was young we didn't have energy drinks (besides Surge) parents just had to worry about your kids smoking dope and drinking. I think energy drinks arent good for you, but worse shit to worry about IMO, like bullying, always being PC, and fair competition.

you're suppose educate them, tell them what to do and what not to do

you know that they legally buy soda too, right? how to stop them from drinking it when you're not looking? or when they eat junk food?

I do agree with this point but it's also challenging when my mountain biking 8 year old son is "told" by alot of sports advertising that Redbull "gives you wings" and almost every one of his "heroes" are sponsored by them.

Tricky stuff.... but I will reiterate that my son knows full well that Redbull is poison for a kid his age.

you're suppose educate them, tell them what to do and what not to do

you know that they legally buy soda too, right? how to stop them from drinking it when you're not looking? or when they eat junk food?

No, you aren't suppose to educate them. According to TS corporations and governments apparently have that responsibility.

UFC has had some dopey sponsors. Condom Depot comes to mind.

Red Bull is awesome. Take it before I go riding on my motorcycle. Helps concentration.

Given that tobacco sponsorship of major sport events and tobacco advertisement in general is banned in most cases, why do these horrible energy drinks like Monster get a pass?

A growing number of studies are finding that products like Monster, Red Bull, and 5-Hour Energy offer a variety of health dangers with no unique benefits. The extreme acidity and high caffeine content of these beverages can cause rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure, dehydration, vomiting, cardiac arrhythmias, seizures, headaches, insomnia, and even death.

I find it disgusting that these fine athletes in the UFC are holding cans of Monster in all kinds of public events and after the end of the fight too. To me that's not much better than say McGregor holding a pack of Marlboros at some public event. Young people see that, they see their idols endorsing it and then think that drinking this sort of garbage is perfectly acceptable and develop a serious caffeine addiction, exposing themselves to health risks. More and more people are like completely addicted to this crap and have to drink Monster or Red Bull daily to even function normally.

While I noticed that the American society is extremely intolerant when it comes to tobacco (which is a good thing) there seem to be some weird acceptance of garbage unhealthy drinks full of sugar like these energy drinks or Coca Cola, not to mention the unhealthy junk food which is even promoted as some sort of integral part of culture.

I think that sports shouldn't be sponsored by products that are completely against everything athletic healthy life should be about.

So don't f*cking go or buy the sh*t. Everyone has a choice as to what stuff they put in their bodies.

Back