Advertising energy drinks and other unhealthy garbabe at sports events is morally unacceptable

yes. I don't give a fuck what other people do with their bodies.

So you don't care that the society around you is self destructive and unproductive which by the way directly affects your own life too?

If half of the population decides to smoke crack and the society completely collapses would you "not give a fuck" as well?

Plenty of things need to be banned to save people from themselves and make the world a better place.

Nothing against you personally but I wouldn't mind if you died actually because I'd rather you had no influence on society with ideas like that.

Second coming of Hitler IMO.

So you don't care that the society around you is self destructive and unproductive which by the way directly affects your own life too?

If half of the population decides to smoke crack and the society completely collapses would you "not give a fuck" as well?

Plenty of things need to be banned to save people from themselves and make the world a better place.

That's not going to happen and you're a bad troll. I'm not playing this game and I hope this thread fades away.

TL;DR
But I'll just assume what you said.

MMA is a "Sport" where most guys will probably end up brain damage in the end of their career, I don't think they're worried that their viewers will drink stuff with too much sugar.

Nothing against you personally but I wouldn't mind if you died actually because I'd rather you had no influence on society with ideas like that.

Those ideas are the basis of any civilized society.

1 Black Beast punch is worse for your health than 1,000,000 cans of Monster. MMA might inspire someone to take up fighting which is detrimental to health, should it be banned too? Quit nannying people TS and let them make their own decisions.

That's not going to happen and you're a bad troll. I'm not playing this game and I hope this thread fades away.

So you'd be fine with tobacco being advertised too?
Id be fine with full legalization of drugs and commercials with Charlie sheen and Jon Jones sharing a few lines before hitting the town

TL;DR
But I'll just assume what you said.

MMA is a "Sport" where most guys will probably end up brain damage in the end of their career, I don't think they're worried that their viewers will drink stuff with too much sugar.

Very insightful. They need to stop advertising violence at these events.

Dude....it is a sport promoting people beating the living crap out of each other in a cage.

I drink more than 50 budweiser a week, I blame the UFC for that.

They might be unhealthy but without them extreme sports wouldn't be where it is at today. They basically sponsor and fund everything! Money is the foundation. They bring in the big bucks! It's up to the individual to educate themselves! If nobody bought these products their businesses would collapse. That is how you defeat them if you wanted to...

People should be free to do whatever the hell they want to their own bodies. Who are you or I to judge what is right for Steve Buscemi to do? People don't need to be saved from themselves. Make a stupid choice live with the consequences. That's what nature calls culling the weak. It breeds a smarter, overall stronger species.

Big deal...Americans like to be fat. Only problem with all these fat fucks is that they are raising everyone's health insurance premiums.

that's never going to happen don't worry about it. Don't concern yourselves with what others are doing. Become the example you want to be. Inspire people by being the best you can be. Don't be like one of those guys who try to ram it down our throats, and I'm not saying you are doing that, but you were beginning to sound like it.

Given that tobacco sponsorship of major sport events and tobacco advertisement in general is banned in most cases, why do these horrible energy drinks like Monster get a pass?

A growing number of studies are finding that products like Monster, Red Bull, and 5-Hour Energy offer a variety of health dangers with no unique benefits. The extreme acidity and high caffeine content of these beverages can cause rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure, dehydration, vomiting, cardiac arrhythmias, seizures, headaches, insomnia, and even death.

I find it disgusting that these fine athletes in the UFC are holding cans of Monster in all kinds of public events and after the end of the fight too. To me that's not much better than say McGregor holding a pack of Marlboros at some public event. Young people see that, they see their idols endorsing it and then think that drinking this sort of garbage is perfectly acceptable and develop a serious caffeine addiction, exposing themselves to health risks. More and more people are like completely addicted to this crap and have to drink Monster or Red Bull daily to even function normally.

While I noticed that the American society is extremely intolerant when it comes to tobacco (which is a good thing) there seem to be some weird acceptance of garbage unhealthy drinks full of sugar like these energy drinks or Coca Cola, not to mention the unhealthy junk food which is even promoted as some sort of integral part of culture.

I think that sports shouldn't be sponsored by products that are completely against everything athletic healthy life should be about.
Shut the fuck up

TS is basically correct. Try explaining to a 6 and 8 year old that Redbull/Monster etc etc are poison when they spend millions on sponsoring the sports my kids love.

Truth be told, my kids understand the contradiction but many kids do not.

TS is basically correct. Try explaining to a 6 and 8 year old that Redbull/Monster etc etc are poison when they spend millions on sponsoring the sports my kids love.

Truth be told, my kids understand the contradiction but many kids do not.

I think France recently did the right thing and banned energy drinks for minors.

Red Bull used to be ban completely in France and I think Norway because it contains taurine, just like Monster.

In this particular discussion it's stupid to say that it's not your business what other people put in their body because even if you agree with that this sort of thinking assumes that we're talking about adults. Unlike alcohol and tobacco energy drinks are available for kids and they can buy them freely. So you don't care what your kids put in the body either?

lmao energy drinks can't dehydrate you nor change the ph of your body. Christ. Not saying it's healthy but it's pretty much a cup of coffee and a b vitamin. Go to school

Back