Advertising energy drinks and other unhealthy garbabe at sports events is morally unacceptable

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score
Given that tobacco sponsorship of major sport events and tobacco advertisement in general is banned in most cases, why do these horrible energy drinks like Monster get a pass?

A growing number of studies are finding that products like Monster, Red Bull, and 5-Hour Energy offer a variety of health dangers with no unique benefits. The extreme acidity and high caffeine content of these beverages can cause rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure, dehydration, vomiting, cardiac arrhythmias, seizures, headaches, insomnia, and even death.

I find it disgusting that these fine athletes in the UFC are holding cans of Monster in all kinds of public events and after the end of the fight too. To me that's not much better than say McGregor holding a pack of Marlboros at some public event. Young people see that, they see their idols endorsing it and then think that drinking this sort of garbage is perfectly acceptable and develop a serious caffeine addiction, exposing themselves to health risks. More and more people are like completely addicted to this crap and have to drink Monster or Red Bull daily to even function normally.

While I noticed that the American society is extremely intolerant when it comes to tobacco (which is a good thing) there seem to be some weird acceptance of garbage unhealthy drinks full of sugar like these energy drinks or Coca Cola, not to mention the unhealthy junk food which is even promoted as some sort of integral part of culture.

I think that sports shouldn't be sponsored by products that are completely against everything athletic healthy life should be about.

Excuse me Mr. Hi-Tech, Dana would like to have a word with you backstage.

Please come alone.

image001.jpg

Everything should be banned. Should just have water and crackers.

Edit: make that gluten-free crackers.

What people choose to consume is their own business.

Nobody has a responsibility as a "role model".

What people choose to consume is their own business.

Nobody has a responsibility as a "role model".

So you'd be fine with tobacco being advertised too?

You know too much water can be fatal

It's not "everyone's own business" what they consume. Most people are incredibly self destructive and ignorant, that's why the state has to impose all sorts of bans to keep the society function. There's hardly anyone who smokes and doesn't regret that he started it.

It's not "everyone's own business" what they consume. Most people are incredibly self destructive and ignorant, that's why the state has to impose all sorts of bans to keep the society function. There's hardly anyone who smokes and doesn't regret that he started it.
That's completely disgusting

Advertising is morally unacceptable in its current devilish form, so I guess I'm with you there, TS haha

tumblr_n8j900L6N01qk3l0xo2_r1_250.gif

Nothing against you personally but I wouldn't mind if you died actually because I'd rather you had no influence on society with ideas like that.

This thread is so bad I assume a mcgregor fan made it

Back