Television Adventures of the Gummi Bears or Incredible Hulk 1982 - Which had the better theme song?

Which had the better theme song?

• Total voters
Gummi Bears for sure. Those Disney afternoon shows had the best theme songs.

Bionic Six theme was a banger!

Jem and the Holograms was an AMAZINGLY good show! Bought the boxed set! :)

Jem and the Holograms was an AMAZINGLY good show! Bought the boxed set! :)

Truly, truly, truly outrageous!

How do I still know all the words to this theme song, 38 years since I first heard it?

It's absurd what arbitrary stuff from your childhood sticks in your brain.

What the hell? Never seen or heard this before. is this some Mandela effect thing?
Nope. It was a pilot that got shit reviews (Aussie Wolverine!?) but well remembered by fans. Aired only once but been kicked around on teh interwebz since sunset days. It's kind of the template for that six-player X-Men arcade beat 'em up, too.

Two of my all-time favorite intro theme songs. Which do you prefer?

Gummi bears song is catchy. So catchy in fact that I don't remember ever watching that cartoon but I immediately recallled the theme song when I saw the title of this thread before actually watching the video. That being said it's cheesy as hell.

Hulk theme sounds like something you'd hear during a nuclear missile parade in a communist country like USSR or N Korea

But anyway no conversation about cartoon theme songs are complete without this

Truly, truly, truly outrageous!

How do I still know all the words to this theme song, 38 years since I first heard it?

It's absurd what arbitrary stuff from your childhood sticks in your brain.
Agreed on how weird stuff sticks in your brain.

I had the Laverne and Shirley theme song randomly stuck in my head for months and I couldn't figure out why. It took me a while to figure out where I had heard that before. Just recently I had George Harrison mind set on you stuck in my head for like a year. I was convinced i had heard it on an 80s or 90s tv sitcom but that turned out to not be the case. The song came up on my yt music Playlist while driving a month ago and I said ah ha! Now I know where I heard this song.

I recently had this video on repeat for a few weeks. I suspect it will be haunting me 20 years from now. But I think I'll remember it due to the fact Karen O looks super fun and playful in this video.

Warning do not click if you don't want this stuck in your head

Nope. It was a pilot that got shit reviews (Aussie Wolverine!?) but well remembered by fans. Aired only once but been kicked around on teh interwebz since sunset days. It's kind of the template for that six-player X-Men arcade beat 'em up, too.
Who the hell would ever think of having an Australian play Wolverine? He's supposed to be a short Canadian.

Agreed on how weird stuff sticks in your brain.

I had the Laverne and Shirley theme song randomly stuck in my head for months and I couldn't figure out why. It took me a while to figure out where I had heard that before. Just recently I had George Harrison mind set on you stuck in my head for like a year. I was convinced i had heard it on an 80s or 90s tv sitcom but that turned out to not be the case. The song came up on my yt music Playlist while driving a month ago and I said ah ha! Now I know where I heard this song.

I recently had this video on repeat for a few weeks. I suspect it will be haunting me 20 years from now. But I think I'll remember it due to the fact Karen O looks super fun and playful in this video.

Warning do not click if you don't want this stuck in your head

Age restricted! I like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Karen O is a force of nature.

I had to check Vimeo to see the video. I bet all the (simulated) child violence is why YouTube made it restricted.

Age restricted! I like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Karen O is a force of nature.

I had to check Vimeo to see the video. I bet all the (simulated) child violence is why YouTube made it restricted.

Could also be the super short skirt. Really more like a long shirt at that point

The Hulk theme reminds me of something that would play in a Sword and Sorcery movie before some sort of arena combat.

I don't even know gummi bears. Oldest cartoon I seen reruns of is probably Johnny Quest and Centurions.

I don't even know gummi bears. Oldest cartoon I seen reruns of is probably Johnny Quest and Centurions.

the cartoons referenced in this thread are from 30 to 40 years ago. This is all ancient history. the only people who know or care about this stuff are people who were kids in the 1980s and are now deep into middle age.

This thread actually shows the average age of Sherdoggers these days. This style of message board is old internet. Generation X or older. Millennials and Zoomers are on social media or reddit.

Back