Adventurer Josh Gates has a new show - Expedition Unknown. And it's really good!

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by MyIQ is Biscuit, Jan 16, 2015.

1. MyIQ is Biscuit

MyIQ is Biscuit Banned Banned

It's on the Travel Channel, Thursdays at 9/8c.

[​IMG]

I used to enjoy his old show Destination Truth on SyFy, but the things they went searching for were so silly. The thing I liked about DT were the travel aspects, and them showing a lot of the foreign cultures and exotic locations. I also liked the humor aspects of that show.

But this new show Expedition Unknown, is like a much, much more upgraded version of Destination Truth. They've dropped the dumb shit and enhanced their strengths. This new show has depth, excellent music, and more of the local cultures. And now, instead of looking for silly monsters, Gates is investigating iconic mysteries, like the real life stones that Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was based on, and the disappearance of Amelia Earhart's plane.

I'm serious guys, I was surprised by how good this first episode was. If you like Indian Jones, adventure, exotic locations/cultures, humor and mysteries...then check it out.

Travel Channel link for the show: http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/expedition-unknown

2. MyIQ is Biscuit

Guess I'll be the only one watching it :icon_surp

:icon_surp

3. The_Renaissance

The_Renaissance Sherdog Bunceweight Champion

I loved Destination Truth - I love cryptozoology and it was blatantly obvious that nothing of any remote significance would be found but I liked the 'journey' and the scenery, they went to some sweet fucking places.

4. Bukowski82

Bukowski82 Buckle up belt

Not at all, TS. I was probably the biggest fan of DT there ever was...

Any show Gates is doing has to be equally awesome.

Will watch.

5. Bukowski82

Bukowski82 Buckle up belt

Plus, there's Jael Depardo.

6. MyIQ is Biscuit

Yeah the travel aspect was pretty much the only reason I watched it. And like Bukowski said, Jael. And that's what this new show plays up, the travel. And better mysteries.

I gotta say though, the episode of DT when they went to that haunted Romanian forest, with that open circle of trees in the middle of it....THAT was a damn good episode. Creepy as hell.

You won't be disappointed Buk. No joke, it's 10x better than DT.

Yes sir! Been crushing on Jael for 4 or 5 years now. Did you ever see her in that mermaid bikini? Damn.

[​IMG]

I kinda always thought that Ryder chick was pretty hot too, in a lesbian sort of way.

7. CO68

CO68 Silver Belt

Are any of the female members from DT on this show? Just curious as I'll watch regardless.

8. MyIQ is Biscuit

No, the episode I saw had only Gates. He talked to jungle guides and whatnot, but he didn't have any sidekicks at all.

9. Plissken

Plissken Gold Belt

I love Destination Truth, didn't know this already started. It's cool that they'll be doing more than the cryptid and paranormal stuff and will have other mysteries as well, have to keep things fresh.