Advanced Rubber Guard

delt16

Blue Belt
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqhFDyCxZL0&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqhFDyCxZL0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Awsome :icon_chee

Pretty slick. I wonder what level his opponent was though.

That gym looks crowded.

The cameraman seems kinda douchy. Eddies just working crackhead control, the carni, and the gogo for most of the video, with someone he clearly outclasses, yet the cameraman is like "DAAAYYYUM" and "he's just going right to it", etc.

i know eddie is awsome, but his opponent in this video had terrible posture, he would start in eddie's guard and put his head on his chest basically.

i know eddie is awsome, but his opponent in this video had terrible posture, he would start in eddie's guard and put his head on his chest basically.

The rubber guard breaks your posture dumbass. These moves are sick.

Um nutswinger, you break someone down before going to rubberguard. rubberguard KEEPS them there.

Awesome footage, but about as relevant as me having someone start in my triangle.

Your a fucking idiot, watch the video again. The guy starts in eddie's guard with really bad posture then eddie grabs the head and switches to mission control. It is trival to break someone's posture, when they have shit posture to begin with.

Why did the guy stay on his knees, there was no effort to gain posture. Didnt try to stand, back up. Eddie was going fast, and he seemed tired/not up to the task

He really wanted that teepee at the end. If you're rolling with someone like eddie bravo you should be looking up at the fuckin celing. Dude's starting posture was crap for the most part and barely gave eddie a fight to keep it.

Your a fucking idiot, watch the video again. The guy starts in eddie's guard with really bad posture then eddie grabs the head and switches to mission control. It is trival to break someone's posture, when they have shit posture to begin with.

Agreed. Either stand up in one move or at least arch your back and get your hips up though I'm assuming Eddie has counters for all that too. Oh, and when he does start to break your posture post off on his body to regain your base and not the floor. Still though a nice display of what Eddie can do once your posture is gone.

Has there ever been so much hype for a particular set of techniques?

The explosion of MMA and the mouth of Rogan has put "rubber guard" into the vernacular of everyone from TUF kids to MMA enthusiasts. Surely nothing can rival that popular (numbers) exposure and limited knowledge.

I suggest you stick to the opening portions of Eddie's books and concentrate on the pot smoking, it will be a lot safer and less embarrassing for you.

LOL at Eddie checking his knee at 2:00. How's the meniscus feeling, Ed?

Back