Advanced Armbar From Half Guard Bottom

Gerbiljiujitsu

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Last week I posted a video of how to take the back from the Insurance Plan Grip. This week I am posting an advanced option off of that grip. This move requires that you have very good body control, the ability to move your hips and a great memory to not do things out of order. Keep in mind if you lose that insurance plan grip before you start to belly down you're in trouble, if you dont push that far knee away with your foot to keep them framed out you're in trouble, if you forget to switch the hook in the back you're in trouble. Just make sure to rep this out before using it in a live grappling session and things should be good.

(note the video quality is not that great. I taped this in an area where the lighting was not ideal and when I tried to edit it together I may have made it worse by fooling around with the brightness and coloring. Forgive me, I'm still new to editing)

Gerbil you sure you are not a 200lb + monkey? That is some monkey JJ moves there man!

Beautiful! Thanks for the post.

Give that one a try tomorrow, thanks!

Is it possible to finish this without rolling, sort of like a variation on Omigawa's armbar?

michi6.gif

Is it possible to finish this without rolling, sort of like a variation on Omigawa's armbar?

michi6.gif

The Omigawa one looks more like the one you get from guard when the guy tries to grab your head, cup your neck? I think to pull that off you'd need to secure the arm and almost shoot your right knee all the way back through and try to get full guard back maybe? (Not sure if that makes sense but trust me...I can see it in my head! LOL)

michi6.gif

this is a different armbar. Mine isnt better, just different. Actually if I was going to rate techniques I would rate the one that you showed as higher percentage for sure.

But if you look at the starting position mine is from half guard and it can be a surprise transition when someone is thinking you're coming out on the back or into the "pocket"

Nice, I'm injured so I'm stockpiling techniques to try when I go back

This is a great technique. I was having problems last night w/ it bc the person I would try this against was trying to post his far leg up everytime, or at least to grab my pants at that point on the far leg pushes his base out. I did have some success, excited to keep working it.

That is nice! I'm going to give this a try. I doubt I'll hit it but it's worth a try. Everyone is onto my halfguard game it sucks

Back