Ads freezing forums, making them unusable. Auto-log out.

Yeah, please sort out whatever you changed. I haven't been paying too much attention but it seems like multiple tabs sets off/or exacerbates a memory leak where at some point I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and shut down the chrome process responsible for handling sherdog which is up to like 2.5GB, which is ridiculous!

For some reason, within the past few days, I've been having major problems with ads and this forum. The advertisements are making the forums extremely sluggish and laggy, freezing to the point where I can't do anything. Then after a few minutes, it logs me out automatically. ABP isn't working :(

I've been trying to make a few posts, but the forums freeze and log me out over and over again, pretty much making the whole site unusable.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yes its very bad. Very slow to the point of being unusable. But switching to another browser like Firefox solves the issue I think.

Yes please fix. I have one browser tab opened and the ads along with all of the other shit running on your site is slowing down my system and using a shitload of bandwidth. I tried playing video games (Overwatch) and had really bad performance overall stuttering on system and very high pings. I closed Chrome and bam it ran flawlessly. I have a pretty powerful gaming pc so it's odd that some ads would do this. Whoever is handling your site needs to fix this shit with the ads or I will stop coming here.

Can confirm that disabling javascript on chrome for sherdog works. Probably stops some stuff on the website from working though.

Site is totally unusable otherwise though.

Can confirm that disabling javascript on chrome for sherdog works. Probably stops some stuff on the website from working though.

Site is totally unusable otherwise though.
It didn't work for me. I'm still having the same issues. I'm on a desktop, by the way, if it is pertinent.

It's happening again!!!

Jimmies have been rustle to Maximum overdrive.

Use Firefox until this is fixed. The site is broken on Chrome imo.

Use Firefox until this is fixed. The site is broken on Chrome imo.

I don't feel like installing another browser, so I tried Microsoft Edge and it seems to work ok. Chrome is atrocious though, even with all adblockers installed.

Sherdog forums are totally unusable on chrome, its been going on for a few days now. I used this site on chrome for years and never had a problem until the last week. Its very annoying.

Confirmed that Firefox works fine with the forums, I had to install Firefox browser and yes here I am, its working 100% normal. I hope you guys can fix it for Chrome, it seems to be a plugin problem, because at the top it says plugins cannot be displayed properly on this page.

Problems on Chrome... keeps logging me out constantly, it keeps loading, going slow and there is 2 sidebars. (I can live with 2 sidebars haha, its the logging out every few minutes that is the issue).

It didn't work for me. I'm still having the same issues. I'm on a desktop, by the way, if it is pertinent.

I'm on desktop as well. Have you tried disabling javascript for ALL pages or just for sherdog? If you tried to just disable it just for sherdog then maybe you entered the filter wrong? I actually did that the first time.

I'm on desktop as well. Have you tried disabling javascript for ALL pages or just for sherdog? If you tried to just disable it just for sherdog then maybe you entered the filter wrong? I actually did that the first time.

Tried disabling JS for SD only and no redirects or logouts since for me.

It's disabled completely. Restarted the browser. I can't confirm yet that I'm having all the same issues due to insufficient time to try, but the double scroll bar is still there......

Wait wait wait... was thinking of Flash, not Java script. Wouldn't disabling Java render the site pretty much useless? If not I'll give it a try. Sorry for my mistake. I was talking about the possible influence of Flash in an earlier post and my brain filled in the rest when I read your post.

Yes, it's fugly, but adding Sherdog forums to the exceptions page for Java seems to have done the trick.

If you are using Chrome, might I suggest using the "script defender" extension, stop all the cancerous scripts that have infested this site, both front page and the forums. The site to me is worthless without it. YMMV

Can someone please fix this shit? It's been going on for a while now.

It's disabled completely. Restarted the browser. I can't confirm yet that I'm having all the same issues due to insufficient time to try, but the double scroll bar is still there......

Wait wait wait... was thinking of Flash, not Java script. Wouldn't disabling Java render the site pretty much useless? If not I'll give it a try. Sorry for my mistake. I was talking about the possible influence of Flash in an earlier post and my brain filled in the rest when I read your post.

Yep it's javascript that you need to disable. I've been using the site this way for a couple of days and its actually not that bad. Some things are pretty clunky e.g. it goes to a new page temporarily when you try to like a post but the important things work. It's still a hell of an improvement.

Yep it's javascript that you need to disable. I've been using the site this way for a couple of days and its actually not that bad. Some things are pretty clunky e.g. it goes to a new page temporarily when you try to like a post but the important things work. It's still a hell of an improvement.
I think it sucks donkey dick. There's all sorts of stuff you come to rely upon, mousing over thread titles to preview the OP, for example, that without, the experience seems quite deficient. I'm sure there's a major effort underway to improve the situation so don't take my above comment too far, but right now it's a tough row to hoe. It is far from the Sherdog I know and love.

I think it sucks donkey dick. There's all sorts of stuff you come to rely upon, mousing over thread titles to preview the OP, for example, that without, the experience seems quite deficient. I'm sure there's a major effort underway to improve the situation so don't take my above comment too far, but right now it's a tough row to hoe. It is far from the Sherdog I know and love.

Yeah, I don't disagree with you. I'm trying to look on the bright side but Sherdog is one of the biggest internet forums in the world so this is pretty embarrassing. Hopefully they'll fix it in the coming days. At the very least an update would be nice though...

Back