Ads freezing forums, making them unusable. Auto-log out.

I have a different problem. I have an iPhone (work) and an Android phone (private). Both were clean systems and there is no common app installed on both. I visit Sherdog on both phones though and keep getting redirected to malicious 'You won a possible iPhone!!!1!' sites. I am sure this is from malicious ads and I am fucking sick of it. Only happens on Sherdog but on both main page and forums.
Yeah, this happens on my phone.

Thank you. I thought I was crazy.

Gotta add I have not been using adblockers for fairness reasons but this is ridiculous
This is an old issue - the iPhone-won redirects. You're good, JD; nothing on you specifically.

This is an old issue - the iPhone-won redirects. You're good, JD; nothing on you specifically.

I know it's old, I complained about it before, too, but recently it has become unbearable.

this site is weird bro...
It sure is. I've never had the kinds of issues I've had with this site, from ads that fail to load and tie up the entire process until they time out, to getting logged out over and over despite checking "stay logged in" to frequent display issues on my phone to lag and most definitely the biggest issue of all, massive massive lag trying to type when posting from my phone. This appears to have to do with predictive text or the auto save draft function. I love Sherdog and I don't like to complain about it seeing as how I don't pay, but I've been a member a long time and its really frustrating.

Note, no matter what, it's still better than the "make my eyes bleed" interface of the UG.

It's the software. It's being worked on

I don't intend to be rude, but this software issue is of the category that gets filed in a Friday night and means a lot of people lose a lot of sleep to fix it by Monday morning.

This is not new. It is not a week old and not a month. I do have doubt that anybody is actually working on this in any way. And considering this is not a mere experience or performance issue but a real security risk for users, this is quite perplexing for me.

Edit: Ironically, I just was informed of my potential new iPhone directly from this thread

Last edited:
I have a different problem. I have an iPhone (work) and an Android phone (private). Both were clean systems and there is no common app installed on both. I visit Sherdog on both phones though and keep getting redirected to malicious 'You won a possible iPhone!!!1!' sites. I am sure this is from malicious ads and I am fucking sick of it. Only happens on Sherdog but on both main page and forums.
Too much canine orgy flicks downloaded.. @Dr J @Hans Gruber

It keeps logging me out too the last 24 hours, and I also have 2 scroll bars, its going very slow and keeps loading over and over and over. Please fix guys.

Yep, trying to load that trash filled front page is a joke, forum logs out, it's worse than it's ever been for me.

It's worse today, I was logged off 4 times since I checked the site for the first time today, like 30 min ago. It's slow and lagging.

Man this is bad, and that cookies notification that pops up the whole f*cking time.

Being auto logged out in 3...2...1...

Yep, definitely getting worse. I'm on a laptop and now ads are appearing on youtube videos.

It's a free forum so I'm not in much of a position to complain but I figure when it gets to the point where it's more of a burden to visit, I'll stop visiting. I know alot of sites hate adblockers and whatnot but I've got to be honest, never in my life have I felt the need to "get my wrestle on" at wrestle zone or join the "new" american golf community through seeing their adverts online.

Currently it's copeable, but only just.

*EDIT*
I got logged out just as I hit post message
<Wenger85>

For some reason, within the past few days, I've been having major problems with ads and this forum. The advertisements are making the forums extremely sluggish and laggy, freezing to the point where I can't do anything. Then after a few minutes, it logs me out automatically. ABP isn't working :(

I've been trying to make a few posts, but the forums freeze and log me out over and over again, pretty much making the whole site unusable.

Anyone else having this problem?

Same here - I get the lagginess when typing on my PC - scrolling lags - I have 2 scroll bars - and the problem occurs both in Chrome and Firefox - the site is constantly loading.

Disabling javascript fixed it for me.

Fix yo shit sherdog!

Oh wait, that never happens here.

The forums never stop loading regardless of how often I hit stop and typing takes 4x as long. My ad-blocker doesn't seem to work on these new ads as well...

Can confirm the forums are lagging like hell.

So much just to bypass adblock?

Getting notifications from like 45 minutes ago - that I already clicked on.

And new iPhone for me again

I already have a whole pile of them. So much winning.

Seriously, I cannot visit Sherdog on my work computer, I will not visit Sherdog in the evening from my private notebook when I try to spend time with family. But getting redirected on every visit means that mobile also quickly stops being an option. I don't see myself visiting Sherdog in half a year from now if this does not stop. It will hurt because I enjoy spending my time here, but it is becoming too much of a hassle.

Could I go Plats? Sure. Even considered it some time ago and it is not that expensive. But this feels like ransomware by now. "Like the way your car is driving? Pay now and we will activite brake functionality!!1!"

Why would I buy an addon of something where the basic functionality does not work?

Last edited:
Back