Adrien Broner sparring video

Broner has hype job written all over him

Interesting that Broner, as a top level fighter with all the resources available to him, would choose to prepare for a larger, power punching, brawler opponent with a smaller, shorter, relatively light hitting, boxer as a sparring partner?

If he thinks he is going to beat Maidana by laying back and talking shit he's in for a rude awakening.

Looks like he was sucking some wind in that session too.

He has the talent, but not the drive.
And it seems no ring smarts to speak of.

this looks more like an exhibition than any type of actual sparring.

this looks more like an exhibition than any type of actual sparring.

True enough, but for Broner it
seems to carry into his
fights where he lets his opposition
tee off on him. I wish he'd
take fights more seriously.

So for the first two minutes, he's in the corner talking shit.

For the rest he's alternating between looking like shit and talking shit.

By the way, I'm a fan who is a bit miffed because he looks like a good fighter that will crash and burn. Boxing could sure use all the fresh faces it can build up.

Broner in the past, has shown a great ability to take what he worked on in the gym to fight night. I don't care for his personality, but his talent and work ethic shouldn't be questioned at least not yet

That was quite awful to watch. Is he wearing Floyd's gear in that video?

Broner in the past, has shown a great ability to take what he worked on in the gym to fight night. I don't care for his personality, but his talent and work ethic shouldn't be questioned at least not yet

Even Floyd called him fat for the Malignaggi fight. Not to mention his work rate greatly diminished and he showed very little power.

he sparred almost 6 4-5 minute rounds previously before he sparred Lydell.. this isn't sparring for his training camp, just sparring to spar in the mayweather boxing club with floyd watching. yes Broner wearing Floyd's gear. btw if anyone is wondering Lydell is 17-0 (9 ko)

H'es pretty awful in that video, but he clearly isn't trying that much.

When he starts unleashing in the second video, he looks lethal.

Ugh, hard to watch. With all that trash talking I feel Broner might get shot or something.

This was when he was fresh off of tour and hadn't trained in months.

Back