Adlan Amagov won't return to MMA

I've been hoping he would return for a long time now. Fuck.

Shit... Just yesterday I was rewatching some of his strikeforce fights. I was hoping to see him back in 2015, one of the most dangerous strikers at WW. Wish him the best.

I could've sworn I read somewhere that he had announced on his twitter that he was doing that, but yeah I just looked on his Wiki page and saw that he has a fight coming up. Weird. Evidently I was mistaken. Either that, or he took some time off and found that he still wanted to do it.

I wouldn't have blamed him for calling it quits though, first he gets absolutely bodybagged by Amagov then gets subjected to a ridiculously late stoppage in the Pyle fight by Herb Dean, like JFC those are two hard losses right in a row.I had sincerely thought that that was the case when I wrote that, but his Wiki page says he has a fight in Brazil coming up.

Maybe he wants one last payday. I genuinely hope he doesn't get KO'd again and calls it quits, win or lose. Go teach BJJ or something kid, you're great at.

dammit. he was the best striker of all current Sambo guys

Whatever makes him happy but I always enjoyed watching him fight

Adlan+Amagov+vs.+Anthony+Smith_1.gif

ko.gif

Maybe the near legal kill that he had on TJ made him rethink things

Gonna miss this guy.

I remember him destroying Waldburger with some powerful short hooks and the referee had a horrible stoppage.

"Amagov woohooooo!"

That's sad:/ was looking him up just the other day, a real killer.

Oh no, I liked Amagov, weird. There is still a lot of videos of him training in Jackson's, we can only hope. But good luck to him, one tough Chechen, I hope he would move out to ABQ though, Grozny isn't a nice place for your kids to grow up.

Damn, I remember him dominating Spang in Sweden and thinking I better keep an eye on this dude, crazy good kicks and entertaining style.

People ITT acting like Jon Jones or Cain Velasquez are announcing their retirements. Dude ain't the GOAT; this isn't some huge loss for the sport. Big deal? Good luck to him, fighting professionally isn't for everyone. Like me; or Adlan Amagov, apparently.

Wow, I expected to see some great things from him, but I respect his call.

Adlan is still training in Moscow, he is often asked when will he return, and all he said was, that he didn't decide whether he'll be back or not, that was a couple of days ago. Dunno where zidan got his info though.

Back