Adlan Amagov won't return to MMA

Damn, and here I was wondering where the dude who straight up murdered TJ Waldburger went. To this date, I still haven't seen anything in the UFC like the sight of that kid laying flat as a board completely unconscious for several minutes all throughout their interview with Adlan, then he finally gets taken out of the cage on a fucking stretcher.

It was a just bleed fan's wet dream.

Sounds like it's the right decision for his life, though. Godspeed, Amagov!

Not sad at all, happy for him actually. Knocked Waldburger out silly tho, shit was scary.

Isn't this a spoof, for the Hendricks comment?

Not sad at all, happy for him actually. Knocked Waldburger out silly tho, shit was scary.
That was one of those KOs where it made you realize that Waldburger's decision to retire based on brain trauma concerns wasn't a bad idea. VICIOUS

Man that's a real bummer. I was actually looking him up yesterday to see when he was fighting again. Bummer... but it's his life and his decision. Wish him all the best.

Pretty sad, but its nice to see a guy choose his family.

So he's retiring because he can't cut to WW anymore?...

That was one of those KOs where it made you realize that Waldburger's decision to retire based on brain trauma concerns wasn't a bad idea. VICIOUS

TJ retired? Was this immediately after the Pyle fight? Happy to hear that as well. Dude's 26 and he's been KO'd 7 times.

EDIT: He has a fight booked for Brazil against some no name.

I was hoping TJ would retire but I swear I heard he was taking another fight. Glad to hear I was wrong.

As for Amagov...that's just disappointing. Guy was talented and fun to watch. One of the most flexible kickers in the sport. Ah well, Godspeed, or whatever.

TJ retired? Was this immediately after the Pyle fight? Happy to hear that as well. Dude's 26 and he's been KO'd 7 times.

EDIT: He has a fight booked for Brazil against some no name.
I could've sworn I read somewhere that he had announced on his twitter that he was doing that, but yeah I just looked on his Wiki page and saw that he has a fight coming up. Weird. Evidently I was mistaken. Either that, or he took some time off and found that he still wanted to do it.

I wouldn't have blamed him for calling it quits though, first he gets absolutely bodybagged by Amagov then gets subjected to a ridiculously late stoppage in the Pyle fight by Herb Dean, like JFC those are two hard losses right in a row.
I was hoping TJ would retire but I swear I heard he was taking another fight. Glad to hear I was wrong.
I had sincerely thought that that was the case when I wrote that, but his Wiki page says he has a fight in Brazil coming up.

Unfortunate for us, Adlan is an extremely talented fighter and always enjoyed watching him fight. I understand and respect his decision to choose his family over fighting I wish him well and a good life.

I could've sworn I read somewhere that he had announced on his twitter that he was doing that, but yeah I just looked on his Wiki page and saw that he has a fight coming up. Weird. Evidently I was mistaken. Either that, or he took some time off and found that he still wanted to do it.

I wouldn't have blamed him for calling it quits though, first he gets absolutely bodybagged by Amagov then gets subjected to a ridiculously late stoppage in the Pyle fight by Herb Dean, like JFC those are two hard losses right in a row.I had sincerely thought that that was the case when I wrote that, but his Wiki page says he has a fight in Brazil coming up.

Yeah, I was cringing during that Pyle fight as well. Judging from his 7 KO losses at only 26, I'm thinking it's almost time just for his healths sake.

Maybe he just needs a break. Guessing he had a 6 fight deal with SF that transferred to the UFC. After a year or two, I wouldn't be surprised if he came be back.

It sucks, but it's his own choice and he should do what he feels what is best for him and his family.

Respect to Adlan.

Although I wonder if Hendricks read the tweet and went, "Damn, I was just exaggerating to make a point!"

What a shame, guy was a beast. Great record, only losses being to the champ and a solid HW. Thought he was one of those guys who were just getting started. Oh well, can't fault a man for choosing his family over a sport.

Back