Adlan Amagov explains why he retired

Sorry, having an annoying day at work, so taking it out on Sherbros. Are you implying that the UFC wouldn't allow him to fight at MW? Did I miss that in the article, or what? I'm confused--seems to me the UFC has always encouraged guys to fight at a higher weight, if anything.

Nah, unless you're a name, as a rule they want you at the lowest weight possible. They sometimes make exceptions for the heavies because the weight class is so damn thin.

Some foreigner with 2 fights under his belt? Bet you bottom dollar it was WW or bust.

Also don't forget

giphy.gif

Rematch would be even uglier nowadays.

What point are you trying to make here?

LOL, get out of here with that nonsense, especially since you don't realize you're actually making my point for me. What feared striker did he face at LHW? Listen, a lot of UFC WW's would fight Gadzhimurad Antigulov (who?) and Shamil Tinagadjiev (whaaa?).

Talking down his opponents then admitting you have no idea who they are?

LOL, get out of here with that nonsense, especially since you don't realize you're actually making my point for me. What feared striker did he face at LHW? Listen, a lot of UFC WW's would fight Gadzhimurad Antigulov (who?) and Shamil Tinagadjiev (whaaa?).

Until he faced Robbie Lawler at 185, the most accomplished striker he fought was ... Ron Stallings? Then he got KTFO by Robbie and immediately jumped ship down to 170. So it's not like he hasn't done this kind of thing before. As you admit, he's been going down in weight classes his entire career whenever the going gets tough, and he no longer has that as an option, so why should we be surprised by the retirement?

Seriously, he said the reason is he doesn't want to cut TONS of weight because he's now like five pounds heavier than he was as a kid. We're supposed to buy that? Dude, you've fought at 185 before, why not do it again? Seems a basic, simple follow-up question, no?

So according to you Amagov is a pussy who's scared to fight at MW.

Show some respect to a guy who accomplished at 28 things you never will.

Implying? Nothing. What are you inferring?

That you're showing disrespect for someone who's not talking shit on anyone and is pretty content with his retirement, I just don't see the need.

So according to you Amagov is a pussy who's scared to fight at MW.

Show some respect to a guy who accomplished at 28 things you never will.

If you think anyone who is scared to fight Yoel Romero and Chris Weidman is a pussy, then I don't know what to say. Maybe I'm saying he's too scared to fight MW which makes him a perfectly reasonable person. As you allude to, I'm not running off to fight Chris Weidman either. Eff that. I'd prefer to remember my kids' names after my 50th birthday.

It seems to me like he's not exactly being honest about what's happening here, though, and he wasn't asked the proper follow-up questions. That's all I'm saying. The whole story is just ... off.

From what I understand, he's more interested in spending time with his family and isn't much involved in MMA in general anymore.

Sad for the sport, but completely understandable.
That makes sense. Wonder why he didn't just say that, instead of the weight cutting thing, which makes no sense.

I was on his bandwagon, he is such a killer. It's a bummer that he's gone but he knows whats best for him and I hope he does well in whatever he is doing these days.

The man who made most Chechens start mma, sad to see him go. But at least he won.

He probably makes more money being a lumberjack or whatever he does than actually fighting in the UFC.

Why risk permanent brain damage and time away from family if the money doesn't make up for it?

Back