Adjusted Bellator Ratings

can admit i havent watched PFL at all. channel is too buried on my cable (think its like 200 something) and i dont have any fighters i really like that are competing there, i guess shields maybe. and hes beyond past it

I'm slacking too
60+ cards from UFC & Bellator is a lot as it is
but hopefully as it gets closer to the end it picks up steam

I'm slacking too
60+ cards from UFC & Bellator is a lot as it is
but hopefully as it gets closer to the end it picks up steam
yeah, its just too much. i skip the bellator cards that are on the weaker side as well. and the same goes for ufc fight nights and ufc on fox cards. like geez, too much MMA.

2 events a month from UFC was enough, and that made room for me to watch a indy promotion on HDNet Fights or there was strikeforce, dream, bellator, sengoku etc.

UFC alone is trying to take over the whole market

yeah, its just too much. i skip the bellator cards that are on the weaker side as well. and the same goes for ufc fight nights and ufc on fox cards. like geez, too much MMA.

2 events a month from UFC was enough, and that made room for me to watch a indy promotion on HDNet Fights or there was strikeforce, dream, bellator, sengoku etc.

UFC alone is trying to take over the whole market

Re: bold

It is more they are getting thrown money at them for more content
It hurts the quality for sure, but they are being given money for quantity

Last edited:
Re: bold

It is more they are getting thrown money at them for more content
It hurts the quality for sure, nut they are being given money for quantity

Yeah, the quality suffers, I agree. It is oversaturated for sure which is affecting ratings of all MMA.

MMA ratings are low as a whole. Look at Alvarez/Poirer on Fox bombing.
Public is not that interested
A Chael/Fedor fight doing under 1m would have been absurd 2 years ago, but it is the era we are in.

2 years? You are off by about 10, I think.

I don't really do PPV's unless there is a crazy important card. Bellator keeps me fairly entertained, and I happen to like watching the occasional boxing, so lucky me for DAZN. I couldn't definitely see how people would be tired of having an insane amount of MMA on all the time. You can get numb to the sport. Happened to me in the UFC Strikeforce HDNET days. Got to the point where a fight would have to be absolutely insane for me to even slightly enjoy it.

There is also burn out with all the events that are being put on in MMA as an industry. That can turn a hardcore into a casual who picks and chooses what they watch. I tuned in in time to see Fedor/Chael (online) and had no interest in the rest of the event.

I think there is a ton of truth to this. I know I fall into that category on some level.

I think there is a ton of truth to this. I know I fall into that category on some level.

It's been like that for years now with me.

People follow things closely when they're emotionally invested. So many of the fighters, fights and organizations I just don't care about. I don't think it's normal to like everything. We're all selective by nature.

And that is just TV viewership. A lot of people watched on DAZN too.

regarding the talk about over saturation, One fc just announced it will host over 100 shows this next year.

Mma is like smoking weed and masturbation in the sense that it gets better if you take sabbaticals

They should have done one big show rather than two.

Fans have been left disillusioned by years of over-saturation. We are now at the point that even big fights draw unimpressive numbers. Time for a rethink.

Good to see the ratings are better then initially reported not bad at all.

Fedor bless

Back