Adidas Gi, Romulo Barral edition...

Ice can you post some pics please? How would you say the cut is compared to howard throughout the torso? I find HCK to fit too slim in there for my liking. I like the way the Atama fits in the torso much better.

I always found HCK's to be too bulky in the shoulders for me, so I don't know if my opinion will mirror your's at all.

I will post some pics my next day off, probably next week ish.

HCK fit me good in the shoulders but slimmr in the torso which i did not like.

Love to see whatever pics you were gonna post

They need a size conversion chart. I'm 6'2", 180 and wear and A3....what the hell would I get?

They need a size conversion chart. I'm 6'2", 180 and wear and A3....what the hell would I get?

You would need an 195cm size. Its basically an an A4 since 195cm is 6'4 ft.

I'm 6'2 and 225 and the 195 top fits me fantastic after 15 washes. The pants are useless though as they reach MY KNEES.

I'm gonna do a review in a couple of days.

I've figured out that the Romulo Barral gi is what adidas calls a "adidas Jiu-Jitsu Traditional Cut Brazilian Gi" in white. I'll do a review on the blue one

Can anyone give me a breakdown of exactly how these shrink? I got one today for xmas with no option of returning because Seka-Sports return policy is absolute shit and at best it would cost me $50 to return it.

Anyhow, I got a size 6/200cm because I have abnormally long arms but I'm 6'1. As it stands without washing I could stand to lose about 3 inches from the arms before it's not comp legal and the skirt goes half way down my thighs.

How should I approach shrinking it to not have a 3/4 length sleeve and make it fit? Or, anyone want to buy a size 6 at cost unwashed in the original package?

5'10" 170 lbs here. What does an A3 convert to? Would I be safe ordering a size 5 and shrinking it down? If these sizes are the same sizes as the Isami gis then I wear a 5 with the Isami gi.

Can anyone give me a breakdown of exactly how these shrink? I got one today for xmas with no option of returning because Seka-Sports return policy is absolute shit and at best it would cost me $50 to return it.

Anyhow, I got a size 6/200cm because I have abnormally long arms but I'm 6'1. As it stands without washing I could stand to lose about 3 inches from the arms before it's not comp legal and the skirt goes half way down my thighs.

How should I approach shrinking it to not have a 3/4 length sleeve and make it fit? Or, anyone want to buy a size 6 at cost unwashed in the original package?

It has a tendency to shrink more in the sleeves. I think you'll be fine with the sleeves but the skirt might stay too long :( I'm 6'2 (188cm) long arms and the 195cm one has shrunk to my perfect size after about 10 washes.

Also it has a tendecy to shrink after wash and stretch during practice...especialy the pants. The whole gi has a rubbery stretchy feeling to it which I personaly realy like, because it doesnt stretch like a normal gold weave but still is comfortable to move in. And it's not easy to grab like a normal gold weave.

What color is yours? Maybe you want to swap it? I have a black Atama Mundial 5 that has sleeves that are too long for me

The long skirt is part of the design. My sleeves are the length of an A2 but how baggy the body is plus the long skirt has prompted a lot of people to ask if I used to be obese lol

Update: After 1 wash/dry cycle, 1 practice and a 2nd wash/dry cycle I got the sleeves to where I want them. The skirt still covers my ass, but I kind of like it because my opponents can't pull it out of my belt and use it against me. Score?

The 2nd time through I washed/dried the pants separately and nearly boiled the pants but still can't get them to the right length. I wear a 32" inseam and they're still a bit long. Thoughts?

Back