Adidas Gi, Romulo Barral edition...

I havent really seen any other gi that is that thick, I think one of my friends old school gameness's were close. And Im 5"11 145lbs. I wear an a2 usually, and in Adidas I wear a 175. But I wash it in cold water and hang dry it b
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the info Edwin, I'm about the same weight class just shorter, was thinking about picking up one of these gis to try them out.

I don't know whether to buy a size higher due to shrinkage or if I should buy the size I should wear and assume it shrinks down to that size.

Thinking about buying a 4 and assuming it will shrink to fit, or if I actually need to buy a 5 to shrink to a 4.

i would almost say get a size up. that way, you can always shrink it down. better too big and have to shrink it down than too small

the longer this thread is alive, the more i want one. anybody know what type of shirts they're giving away with them?

i would almost say get a size up. that way, you can always shrink it down. better too big and have to shrink it down than too small

the longer this thread is alive, the more i want one. anybody know what type of shirts they're giving away with them?

Yeah good idea, guess I can always see if someone on my teams wants it if it is too big.

I was also wondering about the shirts too.

Get one and do a review! Help ME out! haha

def get a size up. i washed and dried my kids on high and dried and it shrunk a good 10-15%. which is perfect.

If its the same shirt I have, then its a whtie adidas shirt that has the adidas logo on the front on the right top corner and it says jiu jitsu in bigger letters on the back of the shirt. Its a nice shirt and its comfortable too

MAN! i REALLY like the romulo gi. im just sketched out by the shrinkage accusations. should i still get it?

Just follow the regular gi washing procedures--first wash in warm/hot water, then dry hot, periodically stopping and checking until it's your size--then STOP. After, wash in cold then air dry--and all will be well.

I've had mine now for a few months, followed the shrinking procedure until I got it where I wanted it, and it hasn't shrunk at all since. Fits perfectly. Don't know where these shrinking rumours come from. Maybe the lower end Adidas gis shrink a lot, but not this one.

Wow, usually people dump on Adidas real hard. Never seen such posative reviews before.Who knew?

My theory is that this Romulo gi has been mistakenly reviewed as one of several of the budget-priced (and lower quality) training gis. I've read several reviews and forum posts relating to non-specific 'Adidas' BJJ gis, but they're never clear on just which model they're referring to.

A quick search of Adidas products will show that they have a few models of BJJ training gis--all of which are inexpensive by comparison to the Romulo edition. It's most likely that these are the ones that are earning Adidas BJJ gis the bad rap.

I havent really seen any other gi that is that thick, I think one of my friends old school gameness's were close. And Im 5"11 145lbs. I wear an a2 usually, and in Adidas I wear a 175. But I wash it in cold water and hang dry it b
Posted via Mobile Device

How does the 175 fit? Because according to their size chart, its about five inches away from what you need..

How does the 175 fit? Because according to their size chart, its about five inches away from what you need..

I'm 5'10", 165 lbs. The 5/190cm, size, as listed (on the Adidas Seka Sports sizing chart), for heights 5'8" - 6'0", fits me perfectly after shrinking down. (It will seem large out of the bag, but follow proper shrinking procedures and it will fit perfectly.)

I'm 5'10", 165 lbs. The 5/190cm, size, as listed (on the Adidas Seka Sports sizing chart), for heights 5'8" - 6'0", fits me perfectly after shrinking down. (It will seem large out of the bag, but follow proper shrinking procedures and it will fit perfectly.)

Is it baggy at all? I am the 5'9" 155#, would you say for me to go 4.5?

Just got it, lapel isn't as thick as my HCK/Sirius, but the weave itself is ridiculously hard to grip/smooth. The sleeves are fairly slim, not near as baggy as my HCK/OTM, and I assume they'll be even tighter when I get around to shrinking it tonight.

I'm pretty excited for this gi, hopefully the shrinkage isn't too insane. I need about three to four inches on the sleeves and it is perfect. I got the black one, and the adidas embroideries/patches look sick. Remind me of my cleats from high school soccer.

Just got it, lapel isn't as thick as my HCK/Sirius, but the weave itself is ridiculously hard to grip/smooth. The sleeves are fairly slim, not near as baggy as my HCK/OTM, and I assume they'll be even tighter when I get around to shrinking it tonight.

I'm pretty excited for this gi, hopefully the shrinkage isn't too insane. I need about three to four inches on the sleeves and it is perfect. I got the black one, and the adidas embroideries/patches look sick. Remind me of my cleats from high school soccer.
How heavy is it? it's double weave right..?
should be fairly heavy i guess?

How heavy is it? it's double weave right..?
should be fairly heavy i guess?

I don't have the ability to weigh just it, but the difference between me naked on the scale and me wearing the gi is ~7 pounds.

Ice can you post some pics please? How would you say the cut is compared to howard throughout the torso? I find HCK to fit too slim in there for my liking. I like the way the Atama fits in the torso much better.

Back