*Adesanya would beat and school Jon Jones if they were exactly the same size: True or false?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
In other words, Jon Jones is the favorite against Adesanya just due to the big size/strengh advantage: True or false?

If they were the same size, how could Jones beat Izzy, who is milles ahead on the striking department? Wrestling? I don't think Jones could keep a LHW Izzy on the ground. IMO Israel would beat Jones if size was not an advantage for either of them.

He crushes that fraud at the size they are now

Coming from someone who dislikes both

Current Adesanya can beat current Jones even with the size difference. I'm sure everyone agrees that Jones has lost a step or two in the last few years. He's obviously still a very hard fight for everyone, but he clearly doesn't look invincible anymore.

Are they both not 6 ft 4?

Izzy's fought at 220 lbs before in Kickboxing and KO'd every single opponent.

I think it doesn't matter. I'd honestly pick Izzy today if they fought and I've picked Jones over everyone he's fought since he got in the UFC

No chance - JBJ created the blueprint Izzy is using, and has superior experience, and proper wrestling/BJJ

But they ARENT the same size and thats all that matters. Would an Ant beat a Wolverine if they were the same size..?Dont know dont gaf because that kinda discussion is pointless. Now if Izzy had the frame to safely move up or Jones that far down..

It doesnt work like that.
Jones would be different fighter if he was smaller and Izzi would be slower if he was bigger.
If we use logic like that than flyweights would be best ever with that output they are able to generate.

I'd lean more towards Jon's PED's as the bigger determining factor over size.

If they fought now, I'd pick Izzy. If it was prime JJ, Jon wins.

In other words, Jon Jones is the favorite against Adesanya just due to the big size/strengh advantage: True or false?

If they were the same size, how could Jones beat Izzy, who is milles ahead on the striking department? Wrestling? I don't think Jones could keep a LHW Izzy on the ground. IMO Israel would beat Jones if size was not an advantage for either of them.

Kind of true but would you give Adesanya's size/reach advantage away to his previous oponnents ? That's not how things work... guys are the way they are and there's no equal playing field.

They are the same size though.

I think they should definitely fight sooner rather than later. Any one of them losing is just fine with me :)

If I had to pick one I'd go with Jones cause of the wrasslin'.

Today it's a bit of a coin toss, in a year or two Izzy might be heavy favorite. Jon seems to be declining and Izzy seems to be getting better every fight.

Prime Jon mauls him.

I thought they were both 6’4

Prime Jones that had dynamic striking and unstoppable wrestling, sure. Even now though Jones would either actually use his abilities and win easily or he would let Adesanya score points on him all fight. Either way I think it would be up how Jones's performance.

Izzy is good at keeping it at the range he wants it at because hes fast on his feet and he's precise with his punches to keep the opponent from coming in.
The gameplan imo for Izzy would be to keep it in the ranges of the kicking, outside boxing & inside boxing range.
Kicking range would be similar and even.
If jon attempts to walk Izzy down, he'll be entering the outside boxing range where hes at a disadvantage and the forward movement puts him at risk for absorbing a head-on collision with his fist which will be a critical strike.
The inside range would be risky for Izzy to stay in, but if there is a predictable pattern to exploit in that range than it might be worth it because he's been getting finishes from that range. like Jon would want to grab a hold of Izzy in that range most likely because ive never seen jon throw a hook or an uppercut... perhaps duck under the arms with a side step to angle away and come over the top with a right hook to the back of the ear.

But yah Izzy definitely needs to stay away from the clinch and the ground.
one single punch that izzy misses could result in a clinch and ultimately a takedown. But Jones head movement is unknown. his defense mostly consists of backing up.
a kick that jones catches will be used to take Izzy down, but Izzys kicks are fast.

would be excited for this fight.

Gyno vs Pictogram, it would be close tbh

Back