Adesanya Was the Bigger Man and Got Beat By the Smaller Man Due to Being a One-Tool Fighter

Its not as simple as that, not everyone is built the same, Jan is much thicker then Israel, way bigger bone structure, Israel is what you'd call an ectomorph, skinny bone structure, thin waist etc and Jan is the opposite, i mean compare the size of their legs for example, also didnt seem like more then an inch between their heights either
That's just an excuse because Adesanya doesn't lift bro

Being serious here, he could be bigger for his frame. But he'd give up speed and endurance. There is not much to BONE STRUCTURE, he doesn't have muscles, that's it.

Adesanya apologists are excusing his loss to Blachowicz by pointing to a supposed size discrepancy that is not actually based in reality

Adesanya weighed in at 200.5 and was easily sub 10% body fat, he is 6'4 and has an 80 inch reach.

Blachowicz weighed in at 205, looked to be around 12-14% body fat, he is 6'2 and has a 78 inch reach.

Yes Blachowicz rehydrated so he added fifteen pounds of water weight/fat, but Adesanya no matter how you slice it was actually the man with more lean muscle, the taller man, and the man with the greater reach.

What his apologists actually mean is Blachowicz was close enough in size to Adesanya that his technical advantage in striking was not enough to overcome the non-existent grappling skills. Adesanya is used to bullying smaller guys (Gastelum, Whitaker), or old guys (Yoel) that lack his god given physical gifts.

Why is it so hard for some to admit the one tool fighter got beat by the more well rounded fighter?

israel-adesanya-of-nigeria-punches-jan-blachowicz-of-poland-in-their-picture-id1305747940
yoel bullied izzy tho

If your theory is spot on then Jan should drop down to 185 and seek to add that MW belt to his collection, right...?
<{cruzshake}>{<BJPeen}

He probably could if he was a younger man, but he is 38 years old, at his age it is not safe to cut that kind of weight considering he walks around in the 220 range.

Make no mistake, Adesanya is losing that fight regardless of weight class, his opponent was too well rounded, close in size, more experienced, and had a higher fight iq.

That's just an excuse because Adesanya doesn't lift bro

Being serious here, he could be bigger for his frame. But he'd give up speed and endurance. There is not much to BONE STRUCTURE, he doesn't have muscles, that's it.

Adesanya has muscles, he looked significantly more muscular than when he fought Costa. It might only have been a few extra pounds of lean muscle, but that can make a big difference.

He was strong enough to pull himself back to the fence while Jan was having an asthma attack on top of him; he just did not know how to get up because he never bothered to learn technique.

Lol get out your feelings and be a man. I was rooting for Izzy against Jan, and I’ve been wearing it too. I had no idea Adesanyas ground game has remained stagnant since the Vetorri fight.

ANYONE who knows what they’re watching saw that Adesanyas ground game is terrible. He’s a prototypical striker crossover who’s solely developed one line of defense: the wall walk and a basic scramble. He had absolutely no substance off his back once position was stabilized and he was forced to grapple.

He kept his shoulders FLAT on the mat and was literally trying to bridge and buck Jan off of top half guard lol... that’s introductory level grappling.

<36>

"I had no idea Adesanya was a mediocre ground fighter"

Have you watched him fight lmao?

If anything, Izzys striking got exposed too. The way he uses his height to use the “lean-back” defense, and often has hands down low relying on speed/reflex to defend him. I seen Jan exploit those flaws as he out struck Izzy.

Adesanya clearly has more lean muscle, look at them on the scale, you don't gain muscle back when you rehydrate you just add extra weight.

I don't even understand how you can dispute this. Adesanya at sub 10% body fat weighed in at 200.5.

Jan weighed in at 205 at between 12-14% body fat.

Adesanya carries more lean muscle. period.

Not even going to attempt to reason with you

You’re a dumb ass.

Wow! Izzy can transition from half guard back to full guard!

Guys he's not mediocre!

Lol you’re taking this all wrong, I’m saying his ground game isn’t even good enough to be mediocre... that was flat out subpar.

Lol you’re taking this all wrong, I’m saying his ground game isn’t even good enough to be mediocre... that was flat out subpar.

Wow!

Insulting but ngl you're right on the money lmao.

what are absolutely odd thing to say.

No, it just diverts from the narrative Izzy wants to push and that the clown show commentators were trying to sell you on.

The position Adesanya was not the bigger man only makes sense if you believe the man that weighs more is the bigger man rather than the man who carries more muscle. Jan weighed more when they walked into the cage, Izzy carried more muscle; very simple and not at all hard to understand.

The one trick pony got exposed.

Israel is handling his loss better than his fans are. Actually gained my respect for how well he is taking it.

Back