Adesanya vs Romero was not a Joke????

Adesanya is fighting 42 years old Romero coming from 2 loses???

This is worst than Bisping cherry picking Henderson, at least Henderson last fight was a big win over Lombard and he was 1-0 vs Bisping.

Let's be real though context matters.
2 Loss - both of which 50% thought he won. Both championship level fights - 1 against the champ 1 against the undefeated #1 contender.

Furthermore there's noone to fight right now due to injuries and Romero will be retired soon. Why not fight a lion while available? He's every bit as up to par as the opponents Adesanya should be facing.

I'm never going to be mad about a champ choosing to defend instead of sit on his ass waiting for the right challenger to be ready.

Ortiz is a punching bag for at least 3 rounds.

Hes the opposite of TRT Vitor

rip old man

War Yoel! Hope he smashes Israel

I'm never going to be mad about a champ choosing to defend instead of sit on his ass waiting for the right challenger to be ready.
giphy.gif

I mean, the options were basically fight Yoel, or not fight until Costa is back. I'd rather see the fight honestly, even though Yoel getting the shot doesn't make sense, he's the only one around really.

Wasn´t Canonier already ready?

Beating Branch Silva and Hermansson? Romero would be on that same 3 fight W streak too. Cannon is ready and he will still be there after Romero.

Great move by Izzy. So many haters were always going to question Izzys legacy saying he never beat Romero who "should have" got the W over Whittaker

No kidding. Almost as gangster as Chuck fighting Babalu instead of waiting a couple months for his much already earned title shot.

I don't think the 2nd fight helped his cause seeing as more gifs emerged of him almost being KO'd by grandpa Hendo
He didn’t know that before they fought the 2nd time. I am sure he hoped to ko Hendo. Still, we dont see the ko gif too often now.

WAR old man

I do appreciate this.

I like both of these guys, and even if Yoel is on the downside he can still knock out anyone. And Israel, having taken over the division and coming out of the same time period as Yoel, needs this win. Yoel is a big win for anybody even in a non championship fight.

Take into account Yoels last 2 close close fights and Israel wanting to stay active with no contenders at this very moment. Cannonier/Till are not title shot worthy and Costa is out with a bicep injury. Don’t worry Israel wants to fight everybody and wants Romero on his resume while he has a chance.

Wasn´t Canonier already ready?
Cannonier did get fucked on that, but I can understand the UFC's thinking on it. Cannonier right now, not much of a draw. Give him one or two more fights before a title challenge, could generate a lot more hype.

Romero is the best available option and is in the top 5 .... Hendo was 13th ffs and getting ko’d consistently

If you feel Yoel in a title fight is not good for the UFC or the fans I dont think we will agree much on anything. I bet you drink diet soda huh?

Lol @ comparing the Hendo that fought Bisping to Romero.

Romero would tear 95% of all middleweights who ever fought a new one.

Adesanya deserves massive respect for that fight.

Adesanya is fighting 42 years old Romero coming from 2 loses???

This is worst than Bisping cherry picking Henderson, at least Henderson last fight was a big win over Lombard and he was 1-0 vs Bisping.
Dumbest thing I've seen on Sherdog in a while...you think Romero is an easy task for anyone at 185?
Hope he puts Izzy out for sure.

Back