Adesanya vs Jacare

Jacare doesn't want to fight Stylebender unfortunately. He already declined it once.

I think Jacare wants only rematch with Gastelum for the interim title (he feels he won the first one).
He didn't want to do a 2 month turnaround after fighting Weidman. At nearly 40 that's not unreasonable. He has sounded more adamant about waiting for a title shot though. We'll have to see how that division plays out.

Don’t compare him to Weidman. Rockhold is easily the most talented middleweight in the UFC. Technically no one even comes close. If he wasn’t so arrogant he would be the middleweight champ at the moment.

He is better than prime Anderson. I don’t care what anyone says
And I support you 100% in your incorrect opinion.

Jacare doesn't want to fight Stylebender unfortunately. He already declined it once.

I think Jacare wants only rematch with Gastelum for the interim title (he feels he won the first one).
Jacare might change his mind now since Adesanya apparently gets to skip the line for a title shot. It's a much easier fight for Jacare and apparenty beating either would give him a title shot.

I'd like to see that fight too, Adesanya needs to beat much higher ranked guys for a title shot in my opinion.

Wilkonson?????
Vetorri, arguably lost, a draw.
Tavares, a good fighter, top 15, but has been finished by other guys
Brunson. This guy is drunk and on rollerskates every time he fights, slipping and sliding all over the place.
Silva, nearly 44, ranked 15.

He needs to beat higher ranked guys in the top 5 for me, if he can then yeah he should get a title shot. Jacare would be a good test.

Don’t compare him to Weidman. Rockhold is easily the most talented middleweight in the UFC. Technically no one even comes close. If he wasn’t so arrogant he would be the middleweight champ at the moment.

He is better than prime Anderson. I don’t care what anyone says
Conor is the most talented lightweight. If he only had heart and a ground game. Heart, Arrogance, toughness, etc... doesn't count? Only technique? Rockhold didn't look great against Branch on the feet. I don't think Luke's standup is elite, it's average at best. He's a monster on the ground and he's got good kicks. His arrogance is an obvious weak point.

Jacare has been showing his age lately. I like him stylistically but I’m not sure he can take the battering he’ll eat on the way in anymore

No no no. Adesanya cannot be wasting his time fighting "legends". This fight with Silva was kind of a waste, kind of a cool fight, but its not about having cool fights. Adesandya needs to fight winner of Gastelum/Whitt, or just fight Yoel "the peoples champ". Adesanya's grappling is very quick and MMA oriented, and Yoel doesnt not have good ground work

Adesanya is doing well no doubt but before he gets too full of himself (maybe too late already) I would like to see him fight, and beat convincingly, Jacare Souza OR Romero OR Costa OR Gastelum. (or maybe even 2 or 3 of them, how about that)

Whitakker beat both Souza and Romero (twice) last 3 fights and I think Adesanya should be attempting something similar. UFC clearly tryig to give him a title-shot really soon and I don't think he's quite there yet.
I wanna see Israel face the best as well and he will. But it seems that his plan is to do it with the belt around his waist. And really I can't fault him for that. His stock is high and he wants to maximize his value and profit.

Also, just because Whittaker had to go through certain opponents to the belt doesnt mean everyone has to. Whittaker had to take those fights to put his name on the map. Just because YOU feel that Israel isn't there yet doesn't mean anything when he feels he is and the UFC/hypetrain is behind him.

If you were in his shoes and you already had built a big name for yourself and given such an oppurtunity, what would you do???
Especially when you feel you can beat the man with the belt.

Wilkonson?????
Vetorri, arguably lost, a draw.
Tavares, a good fighter, top 15, but has been finished by other guys
Brunson. This guy is drunk and on rollerskates every time he fights, slipping and sliding all over the place.
Silva, nearly 44, ranked 15.
Not biased, at all.

I can put it this way and you can't deny it:

Wilkinson - classic debut fight
Vettori - a good wrestle-boxer, Adesanya won clearly, Vettori roided to the gills
Tavares - tough UFC veteran in his prime (4-0 streak), #8 in the world (Romero couldn't KO him)
Brunson - NCAA wrestler with experience and KO power (outwrestled Romero), #6 guy in the world
Silva - MW GOAT & one of the craftiest strikers ever, older but still good, no one besides Weidman was able to KO him, #15

Adesanya should have to fight Jacare. He'll be leapfrogged otherwise. It's good for both guys we see Adesanya against the elite and gives Jacare the chance to earn a TS.

Jacare is gong. To tool with Israel, won’t even be a competitive fight...

Not biased, at all.

I can put it this way and you can't deny it:

Wilkinson - classic debut fight
Vettori - a good wrestle-boxer, Adesanya won clearly, Vettori roided to the gills
Tavares - tough UFC veteran in his prime (4-0 streak), #8 in the world (Romero couldn't KO him)
Brunson - NCAA wrestler with experience and KO power (outwrestled Romero), #6 guy in the world
Silva - MW GOAT & one of the craftiest strikers ever, older but still good, no one besides Weidman was able to KO him, #15
<mma4> <mma4>

Not bad, good one Cowboy. ok fair, but still would like him just to get 1 win in top 5, and then yes title shot is fair I think

I wanna see Israel face the best as well and he will. But it seems that his plan is to do it with the belt around his waist. And really I can't fault him for that. His stock is high and he wants to maximize his value and profit.

Also, just because Whittaker had to go through certain opponents to the belt doesnt mean everyone has to. Whittaker had to take those fights to put his name on the map. Just because YOU feel that Israel isn't there yet doesn't mean anything when he feels he is and the UFC/hypetrain is behind him.

If you were in his shoes and you already had built a big name for yourself and given such an oppurtunity, what would you do???
Especially when you feel you can beat the man with the belt.
Your opinion is absolutely ijust as valid as mine, that's what makes forums fun : different viewpoints. It would be kinda dull if we all thought exactly the same.

Reality is that adesanya will probably get a title fight within his next 2 fights and of course naturally he'll take that happily.

Back