Adesanya vs Gastelum has to be one of the hardest fights ever to call

It's a pretty easy fight to call. Israel is kind of new and people just don't know just how good he is yet. I don't know, either. It's like Jones prior to his fight with Shogun. Who would have thought he would have won that decisively and gone on to have the career he's had so far?

I look at the height and reach differential and the fact that Israel is leagues ahead of gastlelum as a striker. The idea that 5'9 gastlelum is going to ko a 6'4 kickboxing wiz is hilarious to me. I'm leaning towards Israel in the grappling department and wouldnt be surprised if he got a tko from ground and pound.

Israel by circling and outpointing Kelvin, or if Kelvin fights smart and utilizes his wrestling...he wins

Gas is going to flatten him with basics. Hands high, forward pressure, wrestling threat and heavy hands. Izzys flash is going to get dogged out.

I have no idea who is winning this.

As a betting man im staying away from this fight.

Weird clash of styles.

I'm with ya brotha. Tough to call. I think Isreal's TDD will hold up but even standing if KG can still catch Isreal it might be lights out. If it goes the distance I give the edge to Isreal.

The main event is closer. This is like 70/30 Adesanya.

To me, it seems like one of the easiest calls ever. I expect Adesanya to embarrass Kelvin, who really doesn't have a single relevant win at MW in my eyes (he lost that Jacare fight). Clearly a talented guy who's very durable and dangerous if he can land, but he doesn't belong at MW and that should've been obvious to everyone after the Weidman fight. On top of that, he's just basic. That straight ahead pressure isn't going to work out long term against the much bigger killers he's going to be up against. He's still the same guy who lost to Magny. I really haven't seen anything since then to make me believe that a rematch between those two would go differently.

I've certainly been wrong before though, so we'll see. There are definitely some unknowns when it comes to Adesanya still, but I think he's the real deal.

It's a coin flip IMO but I'm going with gas by tko. He will need to really pressure and get in the pocket to have success though

I dunno either, man. There's a handful of cookie cutter pre-fight analysis that apply to every fight like this. For me, it's just easier to lean towards a KG victory.

kelvin has real high level wrestling that adesanya has never experienced before and sizzling hand speed. adesanya looked amazing against brunson but brunson is no kelvin. this is the kind of toss-up you expect from a title match. i’m excited.

Adensaya will shook the mma & wreslting world
giphy.gif

Back