Adesanya vs Gastelum has to be one of the hardest fights ever to call

CBohl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have no idea who is winning this.

As a betting man im staying away from this fight.

Weird clash of styles.

I think it boils down to the wrestling / TDD factor.

If Adesanya can keep it standing, he likely pieces up Kelvin at range. If Gastelum can pressure him and grapple, he should dominate.

I'm interested to see how it plays out.

I think Israel is levels above Gastelum as a striker and Kelvin won't have much success with takedowns, so I am pretty confident in Adesanya.

Bet a fair chunk of change on him too, so I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

Going to be hilarious revisiting some of these posts/threads where fools are declaring Kelvin as a surefire lock and Israel being some sort of do-nothing UFC hypejob.

Don't forget that Kelvin has a far better resume, and has dropped EVERYONE he's fought at MW.

Leaning towards the guy with heavy hands and great wrestling because that shit wins fights but the size and craft of Stylebender could by tricky.

Would bet on Gastelum in this one. I think he knocks Izzy out stiff.

Kelvin will mix it up and land good shots on the feet. Probably score some takedowns and win a decision.

Kelvin, he is a walking fucken tank, expecting Adesanya to potentially break his leg on Kelvins skull.

I agree. I dont know how anybody can be so certain to predict what will happen. I'm leaning toward Adesanya but it's a coin flip.

Israel by decision or Kelvin via flukish come from behind KO I would say.

Gastelum only needs one and Adesanya has shown he is hittable. Adesanya needs to be very cautious the entire fight but Gastelum can probably get away with a bit of recklessness because Adesanya isn’t a heavy hitter and Gastelum has a great chin. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

It seems easy to predict to me. Kelvin is too short, has a below average gas tank and doesn't have great takedowns anyway. I believe Israel will be able to keep it standing mostly, keep the distance and pick him apart, maybe even get a late stoppage.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong and Kelvin wrecks him, but I don't see it happening.

I like gastelum when the fight opened at +185 but now that the fight has creeped closer to even (+135 - +125 depending where you look) I'm not betting on kelvin. I think it's an interesting clash of styles.

kelvin is a little one dimensional when it comes to his striking just plodding forward looking for the left and hoping to exchange, but I think he will find success if he can make it a clinch heavy battle. he doesn't even really have to land the double leg every round, I think isarel has shown in his fights (both mma and kickboxing) that he disengages from the clinch stiff and kelvin could KO him with a left hook out of the clinch.

I just don't think kelvin can leave his chin up as he comes forward (which is a tendency for him) and take the accumulation of shots that israel with provide over 5 rounds

Probably the east fights to call for me. Kelvin struggle with rangy fighters. Adesanya will pick him apart with ease.

Same, I like Adesanya a lot but secretly hoping Kelvin knocks him out or just wrestlefucks him for 5 rounds, will be a good fight nontheless.

I'm not sure that Adesanya has enough one shot power to trouble Kelvin (I could be wrong and I know he has good kicks). I see Kelvin working his way in and landing one good bomb, to end it.

My brain says Israel. My gut says Kelvin.

Back