Adesanya vs Costa

I gotcha, so basically a punchers chance. But yeah izzy has had people swinging at him for years so he will probably be alright.

Yeah he aint gonna catch him eith a head kick either.

Against kevin castelum, he was caught off guard.

Yeah he aint gonna catch him eith a head kick either.

Against kevin castelum, he was caught off guard.

Yeah, that was an awesome fight though i really enjoyed that one!

Has izzy ever even lost via head kick? I know he got KOd in kick boxing by a left hook thay followed an overhand, but other than that... not many have been able to KO him, let alone via head kick.

It seems like it's going to be a good fight because both seem to believe they are going to win.

I think Costa needs to carry a takedown threat to win.

It would be an anti-climax if Costa goes in there trying to bang it out with Adesanya and gets inevitably tko'ed, that has happened so many times in MMA in recent times it's annoying.

I've actually seen people call Paulo a "good boxer", lol. The Adesanya hate is real.

I'm rooting for Adesanya because he's got skills and he's a fellow nerd. The big dude is a meme machine but it's not enough for me. I predict Adesanya by stoppage, based on nothing but personal bias.

My man cant wrestle bro

Iz got betta handz but kosta got the grapple

Can you point me to a fight where i can see holes in adesanyas takedown defense (aka wrestling)?

Thanks.
He got pretty badly dominated by a freestyle wrestler in the early portion of his career and has had enough sense to avoid them ever since but I can't find the video for some reason. it used to be all over YouTube. He's got phenomenal TDD but he's not that good once he hits the ground

It seems like it's going to be a good fight because both seem to believe they are going to win.

I think Costa needs to carry a takedown threat to win.

It would be an anti-climax if Costa goes in there trying to bang it out with Adesanya and gets inevitably tko'ed, that has happened so many times in MMA in recent times it's annoying.

If costa tries to stand and brawl with Adesanya he’s going to get ko’d. I actually would love to see them trade blows not like stand in front of each other and trade but like just move around hit, get hit, slip and rip etc.

He got pretty badly dominated by a freestyle wrestler in the early portion of his career and has had enough sense to avoid them ever since but I can't find the video for some reason. it used to be all over YouTube. He's got phenomenal TDD but he's not that good once he hits the ground

So years ago?

I dont care about that man.

So years ago?

I dont care about that man.
well if you're seriously going to discuss the man's ability to win you need to address the holes in his game

The fact that an athlete can just get guard and stall in the modern UFC should help adesanya cruise to Victory against most wrestlers. Wrestling is becoming less and less of viable style in this Sports entertainment franchise and athletes are only permitted to hold somebody down within guard if they are favored by the organization. Otherwise they're stood up for a reset to give the striker another shot at the KO in a crowd-pleasing decision by the referee

I am hoping for simultaneous sprained ankles in the first moments of the fight which render both participants unable to continue.

My distaste for both fighters set aside, I expect it to be a good fight. Costa will likely force Adesanya to engage, and Adesanya is talented. So while I hope they both stub their toes and lose a toenail, I also thing it's going to be a good fight.
I pretty much feel the same way - both guys are insufferable in their own ways.

I'm thinking that Costa is not seasoned and patient enough to pull of a Holzken type of walking Israel down and hitting the body and chopping the legs to set up the head shots - similar to what he did to Raymond 2 times (after he has slowed him down and drained him).

Expecting a good fight with two scenarios that IMO will play out (who the fuck knows with small gloves):

1. Costa pressures Israel, catches him hard and Israel goes back to the style he fought Romero and gets a close Dec.

2. Costa after being unable to corner and catch Izzy gets frustrated and starts rushing in winging big wide power shots and gets caught.

I feel like the first one is most feasible (which will set up a rematch down the road).

I pretty much feel the same way - both guys are insufferable in their own ways.

I'm thinking that Costa is not seasoned and patient enough to pull of a Holzken type of walking Israel down and hitting the body and chopping the legs to set up the head shots - similar to what he did to Raymond 2 times (after he has slowed him down and drained him).

Expecting a good fight with two scenarios that IMO will play out (who the fuck knows with small gloves):

1. Costa pressures Israel, catches him hard and Israel goes back to the style he fought Romero and gets a close Dec.

2. Costa after being unable to corner and catch Izzy gets frustrated and starts rushing in winging big wide power shots and gets caught.

I feel like the first one is most feasible (which will set up a rematch down the road).

so in other words you favor costa? Costa is by bringing in people similar to izzys body frame and style but not much people have Adesanya skill. But this will be a good fight honestly if costa catches Izzy it’s almost a wrap but if Izzy uses that beautiful movement striking he’s got this.

so in other words you favor costa? Costa is by bringing in people similar to izzys body frame and style but not much people have Adesanya skill. But this will be a good fight honestly if costa catches Izzy it’s almost a wrap but if Izzy uses that beautiful movement striking he’s got this.
I favour Costa to bring the fight - one way or another.

Is he seasoned enough to keep with a controlled pressure fight - ala Nieky vs Raymond - and not get frustrated. I don't think he is. I think he'll pressure early and catch izzy with something that spooks Izzy and he (izzy) fights cautious and pull off a close Dec (Israel).

Which will set up a rematch down the road.

Back