Adesanya - Vettori

• Thread starter Deleted member 474013
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 474013

Remember watching this fight and remember Adesanya was talking he would KO flat-footed Vettori. Didn't happen. He outworks and outstrikes Vettori, but the fight was pretty competetive.

How do you guys see as the more fluid and powerful striker-Gastellum would deal with the same long reach?

some images and short highlight.

israel-adesanya-marvin-vettori-ufc-on-fox-29-4.jpg

Marvin-Vettori-Israel-Adesanya-696x399.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

usa_today_10786418.jpg

138_Adesanya_and_Vettori.0.jpg

I think Adesanya has potential but he hasn't really impressed me yet. This fight might give me better insight.

Adesanya has improved greatly since then.

I think he's gotten more comfortable in the cage since then.

Kelvin still drops him though.

I think about that fight often. Vettori landed TDs too

But Israel has only gotten better

Adesanya has been unable to finish guys he should be finishing. His striking is crisp and technical but given his power and KGs chin there will not be a KO. Adesanya has to win by decision, and he is fighting a high level pressure fighter. It’s gonna be one way traffic

I think so... I'd like to think so anyway. He is a really talented guy.

But I've been leaning gastelum this whole lead up to the fight and that vettori match is a big reason why

I think so... I'd like to think so anyway. He is a really talented guy.

But I've been leaning gastelum this whole lead up to the fight and that vettori match is a big reason why
I think the matchup favors kelvin. The only big thing is the reach, which I think he can handle, and the cardio. Kelvin had a noticeable lack of taco belly in the open workouts so I think he’s in great shape

I think the matchup favors kelvin. The only big thing is the reach, which I think he can handle, and the cardio. Kelvin had a noticeable lack of taco belly in the open workouts so I think he’s in great shape
I think Israel has improved based on having more convincing wins over better fighters than Marvin since that fight

But the stylistic match ups have been different

Overall you and I are on the same page though

He's improved since then. I still think Kelvin beats him

Not only that, a teammate that Kelvin handles on a daily.

The biggest issue i see for Isreal is that if he has early success in the stand up Kelvin will then take him down and beat him up. Isreal doesnt have one punch knockout power so hes gonna need to win close rounds on the feet to get a decision imo. He needs Kelvin to stay standing with him which is a dangerous plan as is. I think KG boxes with him round 1 IA has a good round but gets hurt badly once. Round 2 KG takes IA down who is now more worried about the hands and IA gets battered. In round 3 same thing happens from round 2 but this time the ref saves IA from the beating.

Back