Adesanya, Usman and Ngannou are Nigerian not just "african"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's like saying im north american or vetorri is european. Im american and vetorri is italian.

Adesanya, Ngannou and Usman are nigerian! Nigeria has produced 3 ufc champs. Let's give some credit and props to the country. Nigeria isnt just a place where princes email westerners because they have 500 million to move. They are now a country that is producing UFC champs better than any other at the moment.

Edit: I thought Camaroon was part of Nigeria or the street name for it. My bad, It seems Ngannou is not nigerian. Point still stands.

Last edited:
Ngannou isn't Nigerian..
3ggZ.gif

It's like saying im north american or vetorri is european. Im american and vetorri is italian.

Adesanya, Ngannou and Usman are nigerian! Nigeria has produced 3 ufc champs. Let's give some credit and props to the country. Nigeria isnt just a place where princes email westerners because they have 500 million to move. They are now a country that is producing UFC champs better than any other at the moment.

Sounds like they need a ufc training facility.

Attachments

• F4EED749-8288-4998-AC82-58829D0845E1.gif
    F4EED749-8288-4998-AC82-58829D0845E1.gif
    1 MB · Views: 2

Many people are referred to as European. Many people are referred to as Asian. Many people are referred to as American (which encompasses two continents!). If you need a crusade to fight, this ain't it.

Fun fact: Nigeria has recently become the breeding ground of its own international mafia. Everyone's heard of the Italian mob (Cosa Nostra), the Russian Mafia, the Japanese Yakuza, etc. but in recent years the Nigerians have broken out and in a big way. They began as a local problem, but with the globalization of the economy and Nigeria's contribution to it (illicit or otherwise), they've gone very much global and have a presence just about everywhere -- from Toronto to Thailand.

They tend to be a little more open-minded than the other organized crime outfits and less hierarchical in structure. They've dipped their fingers into all sorts of markets, readily adopting all sorts of tech, practices, and merchandise -- and it's impossible where the tiny "mom & pop" groups end and the actual mafia begins. This makes them very difficult to investigate in the conventional manner. They're considered to be the fastest-growing and most aggressive criminal enterprise in the world by the FBI.

...shit. Now that I've said all this in this thread I realize that I probably seem like an Izzy/Usman hater at best or an outright racist at worst. Truth is I was looking for any given opportunity to infodump an otherwise-useless (albeit interesting) fact that I learned from my time as a Criminology major... a major that's pretty much fluff in the real world. Oh well, enjoy.

Also, obligatory "Francis is from Cameroon", etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back