Adesanya should fight winner of Miocic/Ngannou

Mihauki

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
People say Adesanya wants to piss off Jones by taking his old LHW title, but I don't see really how that would make Jones mad, since he didn't want that belt anymore and vacated it.
But what would make Jones really mad would be if Adesanya won the LHW belt in March and right away challange the winner of Miocic/Ngannou. That would drive Jones crazy, since

- he is struggling to get a money fight from the UFC
- doesn't want to take a fight at HW without the belt on the line
- would put Jones far behind in hype and ratings behind Adesanya

I don't think it's that creazy of a thought. Izzy is 2 to 1 favorite against Błachowicz. Should he win in March he isn't really going to have a big new contenter at MW, he doesn't have to defend his LHW title right away (at least not if Błachowicz win is one sided) and having a double champ going for a tripple champ status would drive a lot of PPV. Besides Adesanya right now seems to be a less risky investment for the UFC than Jones. Why should they give the older, off & on and fighting over money Jones, that isn't even a champ the chance at the HW title, instead of Isreal?
From a competive perspective Adesanya has fought at HW in Glory i 6'4 so it's not like he couln't realistically take on a 233 pound Miocic.

Last edited:
Stipe finishes him in less than 3 minutes

wouldn’t be pretty

So that he might get killed Cmon Izzy slow down dude win the LHW belt then vacate it then go back to the MW and defend the MW belt and forget about Jones

He seems more willing than Jones to fight those guys, which is rather embarrassing after all that hoopla this past summer

Re-watch Fury vs Wilder 2

Stipe and Ngannou would knock him the fuck out.

Not passible ! He is one of the best friend of Ngannou, and Miocic will destroy him in 2 minutes !

Back