Media Adesanya Responds to Kevin Holland w/ The Schmo

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
"My Fans Are Crazy" "I like his style but he needs to humble himself. Look at the position he's in"

I know some people are gonna talk about "Adesanya should look in the mirror" but he's not wrong.

Holland is a fan friendly fighter, but he's been getting wins over fighters that couldn't hack it in Bellator. It's good to have Championship goals in mind, but I can only IMAGINE the salt mine it would be on Sherdog if Adesanya called out Whittaker after he beat Wilkinson lol.

Holland has gone on to say he's not ready which shows he's self aware, but that KINDA defeats the purpose of calling someone out if you just go "We got beef, and I don't play those games....But I can't fuck the dude up so he'll have to wait"

<36>

Not really a gangster move in the end.

Yeah I agree with Izzy, I really like Holland but he can't see Izzy right now. Get past a guy like Muradov on a sick W streak or defeat a top 15 guy convincingly then he can be worthy

I know some people are gonna talk about "Adesanya should look in the mirror" but he's not wrong.

Holland is a fan friendly fighter, but he's been getting wins over fighters that couldn't hack it in Bellator. It's good to have Championship goals in mind, but I can only IMAGINE the salt mine it would be on Sherdog if Adesanya called out Whittaker after he beat Wilkinson lol.

Holland has gone on to say he's not ready which shows he's self aware, but that KINDA defeats the purpose of calling someone out if you just go "We got beef, and I don't play those games....But I can't fuck the dude up so he'll have to wait"

<36>

Umm Izzy been saying he's gonna be a UFC champion since before his UFC debut. People called him cocky and unproven back then too

<36>

He had the champ right there, it would be idiotic of him not to take that chance, we are now talking about Holland and Holland vs The Champ, and the champ is talking about him, he did the right move for his career.

Israel is in such good position right now. It's kind of like when Andy and gsp were in prime. They were heavily favored in most their bouts.... there was really no one on radar. At least Andy had hendo and a damn good version of vitor. I'll say it again, the 2 best guys with chance of beating Izz( and Israel would be favored) are the 2 guys that fought Thursday night . Lima really couldnt show his skills which is credit to Gegard and his ability to not only control where fight goes but so good in the stand up that makes " the control " part easier .We all saw the size of Lima on Thursdat - a 200 pound 6 foot 2er that can make the welter line. They both beat Whitaker ( and very confident in that).
Israel Adesanya--- that's a different mountain to climb but hes not in that unbeatable stage just yet ( well- nobody is unbeatable). Someone will eventually be able to put him on ground- I just don't see anyone on current ufc roster that does it.....and hes getting better.

Schmo should have asked Izzy what it was like to watch someone face Anderson in the octagon and not just make it a tickle fight. :)

Umm Izzy been saying he's gonna be a UFC champion since before his UFC debut. People called him cocky and unproven back then too

The only thing that was unproven was how he would fair against the Elite and how he would handle a Grappler. Any fan worth their salt and that ACTUALLY Followed Adesanya knew he had experience as he's had 80 Kickboxing fights.

He had the champ right there, it would be idiotic of him not to take that chance, we are now talking about Holland and Holland vs The Champ, and the champ is talking about him, he did the right move for his career.

Not denying that he did a smart thing, but even Dana shot that shit down the Post Fight Press Conference, he said to jump the line would be ridiculous and he wouldn't do it anyway.

I don't wan this to come across that I don't like Holland, I do, but given the level of competition he's faced, and how LITTLE experience he has compared to Izzy, calling Izzy out wasn't really it ESPECIALLY if he verbally backs down acknowledging what I said earlier in that he can't beat them.

Don't see what's so hard to understand about that. Holland himself said he's not ready, so I'm going "Well why call him out in the first place" I know you're sporting Yellow Card's Brother but I KNOW you're smarter than that.

Israel is in such good position right now. It's kind of like when Andy and gsp were in prime. They were heavily favored in most their bouts.... there was really no one on radar. At least Andy had hendo and a damn good version of vitor. I'll say it again, the 2 best guys with chance of beating Izz( and Israel would be favored) are the 2 guys that fought Thursday night . Lima really couldnt show his skills which is credit to Gegard and his ability to not only control where fight goes but so good in the stand up that makes " the control " part easier .We all saw the size of Lima on Thursdat - a 200 pound 6 foot 2er that can make the welter line. They both beat Whitaker ( and very confident in that).
Israel Adesanya--- that's a different mountain to climb but hes not in that unbeatable stage just yet ( well- nobody is unbeatable). Someone will eventually be able to put him on ground- I just don't see anyone on current ufc roster that does it.....and hes getting better.

Lima isn't 6,2.. And izzy is legit 6,4.
He's is skilled fighter but he hasn't faced the competition Whittaker has and rob looked noticeably better than lima in his last fight against Cannonier who Kicks hard too and Rob simply got better as the fight went on.. Rob has better movement than gegard, more versatility and fluidity and output

In a leg kick battle lima ain't beating izzy. As a matter of fact there's nowhere that he beats izzy or rob

Mousasi either had a bad night or he's aging. Because the current version of him would not be champ in the ufc.

Holland’s suppose to be a “Kung FU fighter” yet the first time he gets tagged/sees a crazy technique like a Axe kick he turned into a wrestler. That’s called over estimating yourself I never seen Adesanya’s talk shit after a injury tko to someone like Wilkerson or even Melvin guillard cause he didn’t need to wrestle with them to win.

Holland’s suppose to be a “Kung FU fighter” yet the first time he gets tagged/sees a crazy technique like a Axe kick he turned into a wrestler. That’s called over estimating yourself I never seen Adesanya’s talk shit after a injury tko to someone like Wilkerson or even Melvin guillard cause he didn’t need to wrestle with them to win.
Well he had like 1 day to prepare for a new style. He took this flashy striker down easily and won the fight... If you can win by being well rounded then why not? This is MMA after all...

GSP is a kyokushin guy but he took alot of strikers down.

Well he had like 1 day to prepare for a new style. He took this flashy striker down easily and won the fight... If you can win by being well rounded then why not? This is MMA after all...

GSP is a kyokushin guy but he took alot of strikers down.
he was a scared bitch cause he got tagged right off the back fuck outta here. Dude had a 7 inch reach advantage and was 30 pounds heavier than his opponent not impressive.

he was a scared bitch cause he got tagged right off the back fuck outta here. Dude had a 7 inch reach advantage and was 30 pounds heavier than his opponent not impressive.
Scared bitch eh?

Agreed. Holland should've just bit down on his mouthpiece and throw down like a real man. Not ragdoll his opponent in the grappling sequences, because his opponent had 0 grappling knowledge. Pussy shit :)

Lima isn't 6,2.. And izzy is legit 6,4.
He's is skilled fighter but he hasn't faced the competition Whittaker has and rob looked noticeably better than lima in his last fight against Cannonier who Kicks hard too and Rob simply got better as the fight went on.. Rob has better movement than gegard, more versatility and fluidity and output

In a leg kick battle lima ain't beating izzy. As a matter of fact there's nowhere that he beats izzy or rob

Mousasi either had a bad night or he's aging. Because the current version of him would not be champ in the ufc.
Lol- first off , I didnt say theyd beat israel.i said theyd have best chance. Mousasi looked soft ( covid- injury - whatever) and was still able to control an enormous pound for pounder. This is YOUR opinion.
I think Lima and Whitaker is an extremely competitive fight ...rob would be favored and I'd bet Lima. Whatever happens- happens. 50/ 50.
Mousasi ? As long as fight is in next year or 2 and I'm getting an in shape mousasi- I'll take moose every single time against Rob. That's my opinion.

Bellator may only have 4 pound for pounders but they're really good and - my opinion - would be top 3 to champ in UFC divisions.

Lol- first off , I didnt say theyd beat israel.i said theyd have best chance. Mousasi looked soft ( covid- injury - whatever) and was still able to control an enormous pound for pounder. This is YOUR opinion.
I think Lima and Whitaker is an extremely competitive fight ...rob would be favored and I'd bet Lima. Whatever happens- happens. 50/ 50.
Mousasi ? As long as fight is in next year or 2 and I'm getting an in shape mousasi- I'll take moose every single time against Rob. That's my opinion.

Bellator may only have 4 pound for pounders but they're really good and - my opinion - would be top 3 to champ in UFC divisions.

Sure lima regularly somewhat holds his own against mws in sparring but i don't see how he can be the guy with the SECOND best chance of being competitive with izzy at all. Stylistically it's not overly competitive at this point imo.

As far as gegard in his prime I'd favor him ovet rob, but comparing their last 3 fights rob has looked better against better competition

Sure lima regularly somewhat holds his own against mws in sparring but i don't see how he can be the guy with the SECOND best chance of being competitive with izzy at all. Stylistically it's not overly competitive at this point imo.

As far as gegard in his prime I'd favor him ovet rob, but comparing their last 3 fights rob has looked better against better competition
Again - respectfully- these are your opinions ( as is mine).
The current depth of UFC 185 division is where layth the problem. We'll never know unless cross promotion happens which will not. Lima , now, comes to the cage at 200. Shoulder blade 2 shoulder blade , hes a problem for anyone in UFC/ BMMA. He was neutralized by a " fight IQ in the clouds " fighter in Gegard. We all know where I put Gegard in the pecking order of the greats in this sport so you can cry bias or except my opinion as genuine.
That's what this place is for.

Rob didn't look great Vs till or Izzy

Rob didn't look great Vs till or Izzy

Not great but in comparison he looks to be regaining form, especially taking his opponents into account. People were wondering whether he was done but he clearly still got it and he's got age on his side he's heading towards his prime

Back