Adesanya is one tittie defense away from GOAT MW status

Those who don't believe this are delusional.

Whittaker, Romero and Costa are better than literally anyone Silva has fought.

People forget that until Weidman beat him, no-one ever gave anyone a chance against Silva, That's how dominant he was. The thought of him losing the belt was unfathomable for a long time.

While I'm not sure who currently has the skillset to take Izzy out, he still seams beatable.

He needs more time and title defenses, but he's headed in the right direction.

He has a great CV and skills but for GOAT status longevity counts. He is really far away from that kind of discussion at the moment

Anderoid is a ped cheat.

Not a GOAT, an steroidhead.

Lol! ^^^he said ped cheat^^^

35322834-8920411-image-a-13_1604645058613.jpg

He has a long way to go to get to Andersons level. Anderson moved up a few times to fight 205ers and completely dominated them. Didn't work out too well for Adesanya. He's not even close to Andersons level.
Hand picked 205ers who were known to recklessly wade forward throwing hands.

The level of competition is way higher for Israel. Gastelum, whittaker and vettori are so much better than what Andy fought. Imagine the Anderson that got outstruck by chael sonnen fighting whittaker lol

LOL, not even close. Anderson has actual title defenses, 10 or 11 if you count Lutter (which it should) while Izzy has 3. He's gonna need a lot more than that.

Anderson would still be ahead of Israel as P4P GOAT mainly due to top5 wins at WW and LHW (Sakurai and Griffin) but their MW resume will be on par very soon imo

Winning thr belt doesnt count as a defense...

Izzy is 2 fights away scrub if thats the case add in rich franklin again then you need to add anothe chael sonnen cause he defended him twice so hes 3 defences away bruh..
Anderson
#1-Belfort
#2-Henderson
#3-Franklin
#4-Sonnen
#5-Okami
#6- Marquardt
#7- Maia
#8- Horn

Adesanya
#1 - Whittaker
#2 - Romero
#3 - Costa
#4 - Vettori
#5 - Gastelum
#6 - Silva (washed up)
#7 - Brunson
#8 - Tavares

I'd say Israel is pretty close already
Does Leites, Newton, Murray, Coté, Lutter, Leben or Rivera add much to Anderson's GOAT MW status over Israel?

Anderson would still be ahead of Israel as P4P GOAT mainly due to top5 wins at WW and LHW (Sakurai and Griffin) but their MW resume will be on par very soon imo

Anderson
#1-Belfort
#2-Henderson
#3-Franklin
#4-Sonnen
#5-Okami
#6- Marquardt
#7- Maia
#8- Horn

Adesanya
#1 - Whittaker
#2 - Romero
#3 - Costa
#4 - Vettori
#5 - Gastelum
#6 - Silva (washed up)
#7 - Brunson
#8 - Tavares

I'd say Israel is pretty close already
Does Leites, Newton, Murray, Coté, Lutter, Leben or Rivera add much to Anderson's GOAT MW status over Israel?

I don’t agree. By easily beating Franklin, Henderson and Belfort, he beat three guys who were all multiple time defending champion caliber. Franklin was cruising along as champion, basically unthreatened having smashed Tanner, Quarry and Louiseau, when Anderson crushed him like an amateur. Bear in mind also that Rich then smash Jason MacDonald (a solid veteran) and defeat Okami, a perennial ranked guy, before getting murked again, then moved between 185 and 205, stopping washed Liddell, Hamill and Lutter, beating Wanderlei twice, and having close fights with Hendo and Forrest (and Vitor sparked him). That’s super high level. Basically three wipeout L’s his whole career, to Anderson and TRT Vitor, tons of wins, more than 85% by stoppage (unless my math sucks).

Hendo is similar, had just achieved double champ status win huge KO at 205 of peak or near-peak Wanderlei. Fought everyone between 170 and 240 and won more than his share, Big Nog, Belfort, Babalu, post-peak Shogun twice, Franklin, post-peak Fedor, nuclear KO of Bisping, Lombard, Yvel, and on and on. Was probably near his all time best when the move to the UFC happened, and Anderson wiped him out.

Then Vitor. Anderson already had wins over the strong, technical, cerebral, well-rounded martial artist with lots of TKOs and subs in Franklin, then the unorthodox wrestler/KO power guy in Hendo, and now he gets tested by the super fast and explosive KO guy in Vitor. Basically every way you can test a guy’s style, skills and chin. And Vitor becomes the best highlight reel clip yet.

To me, to match that top three, Izzy would have needed to earn his title shot right after Vitor-Weidman, then beat Weidman Rockhold Whittaker Romero in a row. I think that’s the equivalent of Anderson’s best four (could add juiced Sonnen, Marquardt or whoever).

And that’s just to match the peak.

The other important analysis gets lost when you just list ten biggest names on a guy’s list.

Everyone Silva fought, whether HOFer or reality show winner, was at his best for that fight, in a way guys like Brunson or Vettori in their first fight were not.

This debate notwithstanding, Izzy is a fantastic fighter and has height and reach advantages. I think a fight between the two near their respective bests would be a little anticlimactic but very competitive. Don’t think it would be too different in style from their actual fight, only Izzy would need to be way more cautious and Anderson might actually land a punch or two with some zip on it.

Back