Adesanya is a boring or exciting fighter?

Horrible trash talker and personality, somewhat exciting as a fighter.

Anderson is a better comparison. He has a lot of flashy finishes but also some of the most boring fights in UFC history. Similar styles too. I think a lot of it comes down to opponent. They match up better entertainment wise with more aggressive opponents.

I was thinking the same thing. Like Anderson, he is foremost a counter striker, which typically requires the opponent to be a pressure fighter (like Costa) in order to land a lot of shots. If his opponent is also looking to counter, like Yoel was, it makes a very boring fight. Mind you Yoel is a legit threat, so there was reason to play it safe there. We saw Anderson fight super conservatively against guys who posed very little threat to him.

He have some great finishes but also boring decisions

I think he is a very safe fighter like gsp was, and get great finishes because of his counter skills and opponent rushing making mistakes, and he capitalize well on it (whitakker, costa, etc)

But if he can decision the shit out of you with low kick he will (romero, silva)

So i think he is a boring fighter who can be exciting if you fight him the wrong way

Discuss

Is rock music entertaining or boring? How about classical music? Jazz? Blues? Country? Folk?
Are action movies entertaining or boring? How about documentaries? Dramas? Sit-coms?

These things are completely subjective. Some people are going to find him entertaining. Some are going to find him boring.

What it amounts to in my book is that you get boring fights from fighters that genuinely refuse to fight anyone else's fight in any way. Adesanya (like A. Silva) wants you to recklessly come to him and deliver opportunities to counter like Whittaker and Costa handed him. He mostly refuses to come forward and as such when his opponent hesitates like Romero did, he doesn't do anything to make a fight out of it.

He is a striker which is based on his counter skills, that is, he waits when his opponent makes a mistake to hit him!
So, simple as that, that's the term of a boring fighter ("as a striker")!
I prefer someone like,
Michael Chandler
or
Khamzat Chimaev !

He’s entertaining…

He’s more methodical in his approach but there is a confident swagger with the way he moves. You can tell that he wants to score style points when he fights, and not just notch a win…

Also, because he has shown himself to be a finisher in the past, you tend to be on the edge of your seat when he is fighting, even when the fight is fought at a slow pace, because the finish can come from out of nowhere…

Warch the following, if you be still find him boring, I can't help you.

WAAAh, spoken like a true MMA Guru LOL

Seriousky though,check the videos out. He got mad skills my man. How can you find that boring?

He is a counter-striker at heart. Which means he can be boring if he meets another counter-striker.

Izzy is the same as Romero. Match Izzy/Romero with another counter-striker and it's a shit show. Match Izzy/Romero with offensive fighters like Costa or Whittaker and you've got a fight to remember.

Exciting, the best MW striker ever, has faced the best (Costa and Whittaker, now I guess Vettori is one of them).

He’s like Anderson Silva but less flashy, can have really awful fights and some really cool ones

He have some great finishes but also boring decisions

I think he is a very safe fighter like gsp was, and get great finishes because of his counter skills and opponent rushing making mistakes, and he capitalize well on it (whitakker, costa, etc)

But if he can decision the shit out of you with low kick he will (romero, silva)

So i think he is a boring fighter who can be exciting if you fight him the wrong way

Discuss

Only on sherdog
<{hughesimpress}>

Back