Adesanya has planned his combat career near perfect

MCS

Tech
@Steel
Reaction score
Adesanya has done a great job mapping out his fighting career. In the transitioning to MMA from kickboxing as well. He was prepared for the UFC. And he chooses his battles well. And in quick succession.

In the span of 3 years he's looking at undisputed MW champ, defending the belt, capturing the LHW belt and luring out an older Jones. In such short time, if all goes as planned, he's mapped out a schedule, a timeline, which makes him an all-time great. 2-3 fights to go.

This is of course because he came to the UFC near the 30-year-old mark. Didn't have much time to get these things done before getting old for a fighter.

And I believe he's planned his retirement as well, because planning is a constant. What to do before it. Which scalps he has to take for it to be enough. That he doesn't stick around for too long. Leaves on top.

thats if someone doesnt come along and ruin his perfect plan

As much as I dislike Adesanya, your spot on with your assessment, it’ll be interesting to see how it plays out as he starts taking more dangerous fights at LHW

Reactions: MCS
But he's still skinny so who cares.

1) He didn't fight LHW yet.
2) He is just 2 years more old than Jones. Jones is not an "older Jones" yet.
3) Fighting Jan, an elder and a complete nobody who is champ by luck, is a planned career "near perfect"? Where? To win money I could agree, because if it is to make some kind of REAL resume like GOATs Jones he is one hundred miles away from doing that. He isn't even a GOAT at MW yet lol...

If he beats Jones and swaps cup sizes, he can plow nunes like he did costa

Whether it's planned or not, I am glad we have a champion that actually fights and keeps fighting.
Outside of the Romero fight (who lets face it is an awkward fighter to fight against), he has put on fantastic fights too.

Total dominations like he did vs Costa and Whitaker.
Amazing back and forth legendary fight vs Gastelum.
Fantastic showcase of technique and skill vs the MW GOAT Anderson Silva.

That is why he has risen so quickly.

And to his haters ...
giphy.gif

Last edited:
It's certainly helped that there are no wrestlers like prime Sonnen or prime Weidman during his reign as champ. If Jones gets his wrestling mojo back, Israel could be in trouble, though...

Reactions: MCS
Adesanya has done a great job mapping out his fighting career. In the transitioning to MMA from kickboxing as well. He was prepared for the UFC. And he chooses his battles well. And in quick succession.

In the span of 3 years he's looking at undisputed MW champ, defending the belt, capturing the LHW belt and luring out an older Jones. In such short time, if all goes as planned, he's mapped out a schedule, a timeline, which makes him an all-time great. 2-3 fights to go.

This is of course because he came to the UFC near the 30-year-old mark. Didn't have much time to get these things done before getting old for a fighter.

And I believe he's planned his retirement as well, because planning is a constant. What to do before it. Which scalps he has to take for it to be enough. That he doesn't stick around for too long. Leaves on top.

The subtle signs, in the direction IA is taking, caused the back of my mind to think he does not want to be one of those punch drunk punching bags past their prime. Which makes me think he wants to retire early. Is he moving so fast because it is his age? or does he want to retire early?

I am not a fan of IA antics, however, mad respect for Chasing bones. Actions speak louder than words, JJ moves up, immediately IA wants to take the belt. Obviously IA wants a fight with JJ.

I wonder if JJ will come back down now? I wonder how moving up to LHW will effect IA? A risk taker, IA does not play it safe. How do you not respect that?

The subtle signs, in the direction IA is taking, caused the back of my mind to think he does not want to be one of those punch drunk punching bags past their prime. Which makes me think he wants to retire early. Is he moving so fast because it is his age? or does he want to retire early?

I am not a fan of IA antics, however, mad respect for Chasing bones. Actions speak louder than words, JJ moves up, immediately IA wants to take the belt. Obviously IA wants a fight with JJ.

I wonder if JJ will come back down now? I wonder how moving up to LHW will effect IA? A risk taker, IA does not play it safe. How do you not respect that?

Yeah, he takes a lot of chances and also takes the tough fights like Romero, even if not the top contender, or Costa, who looked to be a tough fight. Wants them in quick succession. Easy fight, tough fight, does not matter. But I always get a feeling he's looking for fights that get him a step closer to his goal. That the fight has to do something for him, otherwise it's pointless.

He was a pro kickboxer, the schedule there moves faster. Maybe that's also a reason. I do think he wants to retire early with a healthy mind. He thinks quick, not losing that is likely important to him.

If Izzy beats Jan I'd say it's Izzy/Jones for the belt. They already have a nice little online rivalry and there's the recapturing the belt thing for Jon. Against his 3rd rival.

He's a tall guy with great stand-up who's got underrated power. LHW isn't exactly in its glory days, so I'd say he does fine there. Jon is still a hard fight. Jan could be too. The size means harder shots, taller guys with reach, tougher to defend TD's and more strength in the clinch. Not easy, but doable, and he comes with speed.

Last edited:
Back