Adesanya has nothing to gain and everything to lose fighting Silva.

ThatGuy7698

In USADA We Trust
@Brown
Reaction score
Here's why:

If Adesanya wins, he beat a 43 year old, past his prime, possibly washed up Anderson Silva. Everyone is expecting this and no one will be impressed.

If he loses, he got beat by a 43 year old, past his prime, possibly washed up Anderson Silva. If this happens then public reception will be that he's not ready for top competition and has a lot of work to do before being considered a contender and possibly a future champion.

Thoughts? Not hating on Adesanya, I hate this situation he's in right now.

Yeah one of the many shitty matchups the UFC is responsible for making recently. So many other great matchups for Izzy

I agree but the UFC will advertise him to the casuals as beating THE Anderson Silva.

Easy win for Israel.

I agree he has nothing to gain, but he’s most definitely not losing.

However if he looks outstanding and takes out Anderson with strikes within a couple of minutes in round one then it's big time impressive.

Here's why:

If Adesanya wins, he beat a 43 year old, past his prime, possibly washed up Anderson Silva. Everyone is expecting this and no one will be impressed.

If he loses, he got beat by a 43 year old, past his prime, possibly washed up Anderson Silva. If this happens then public reception will be that he's not ready for top competition and has a lot of work to do before being considered a contender and possibly a future champion.

You realise he put himself in this situation , right ? He pushed for this fight specifically behind the scenes

With Anderson getting a title shot with a win.....

I think your wrong here

Isreal's stock will be just fine with a loss to Silva.

His Confidence however might not be all so fine.

You are thinking about it as a sherdogger who is constantly bombarded with Silva hate and everyone discounting every win for whatever reason. Silva is a big name and will put Israel on the map, esp if he shows off awesome striking as he likely will. It will raise his stock for sure regardless of what haters say.

Silva has someone that'll play his game and I think the more experienced boxer In Silva is going to catch Israel

However if he looks outstanding and takes out Anderson with strikes within a couple of minutes in round one then it's big time impressive.
I assume this was his motivation in taking the fight. The W is meaningless, but putting on a highlight performance could be quite valuable in future marketing.

If he embarrasses Silva like Silva did Griffin it will be a win for him.

Here's why:

You are wrong. What you are going to witness at 234 is the dawning of a new era. What better fighter than Silva to be the sacrifice to make it happen. He will be massacred, brutalized and then the tired, old lion will be put down for good in what can only be described as horrific scenes. As Silvas torn up, bloody and lifeless carcass lays there in front of a shocked and distraught crowd the world will begin to realize #thestylebenderera has began.
GettyImages-916754364.jpg

Just enjoy the fight. Even if he doesn't win, it wouldn't be the end of the world. If he can't beat Anderson at this stage, then he's just not ready.

Back