Media Adesanya gloating over Silva win and being generally dislikable. (Vid)

Different era. Hard to judge.

Plenty of people back in the day hated him, how do you judge that?

It's not like everyone from that era died and you can't talk to them about it. ali was a big old attention whore just like conor

I like him. But that fight with Silva was fucking awful. They sparred. Nothing more. It was as if Silva wanted to make sure he got though withouth getting hurt. Israel seemed to be only to happy to oblige. Almost looked worked.

If I were him, I'd avoid talking about that fight too much. It does him no favours.

Some of you guys would have really hated Muhammad Ali.

Just enjoy the show and stop being so sensitive.
Accurate. I did hate Ali. He stepped over the line a few times, and he even knew it and admitted it himself, later on, regretfully. Like a man should.

Plenty of people back in the day hated him, how do you judge that?

It's not like everyone from that era died and you can't talk to them about it. ali was a big old attention whore just like conor

A lot of white people hated him for obvious reasons. Back then, if you were a black athlete, you did what you were told and shut up. To add to that, he didn't want to fight in a war that he felt was unjust, which drew more ire from the average joe.

In summary, nothing wrong with being hated for standing up for what you believe in, as long as what you believe in isn't inherently hateful. Fact is, he went from being the most hated in the world to one of the most loved and respected.

That being said, the disrespect he showed Smokin' Joe is something that still annoys me.

Exactly. He's hardly flipping off Andy's corner and simulating burying him.

I'll tell you what's more disrespectful. Jumping and landing a huge punch on an already KO'd opponent and then bragging about it after. Yet Hendo still gets praise and respect from most on here.

Just go ahead and pull it already.........you know you want to.

Just go ahead and pull it already.........you know you want to.
tenor.gif

Love Izzy, can't wait to see him beat the shit out of Whittaker, if Robert can even make it to the cage.

Omg wtf he insulted my goat ill kill him

Poor Anderson - He would never do such a thing

36iB5lW.jpg

Jeez you guys must be fun. You definitely would have hated Muhammad Ali I guess.

I found the video entertaining and hilarious. And even educational from a fight perspective.

44 yr old adesanya vs 44 yr old andy? Bro u beat an old man .

Israel is extremely jarring as a person.

That said, I also think that this idea that he is a "world class kickboxer" and he couldn't even hurt a 44 year old Anderson Silva, is pretty shoddy. He didn't hurt him in the whole 15 minutes, he lost a round, and was a few good combos away from actually losing!

DC couldn't even finish an old Silva. He even nearly got finished himself.

This is a big month for him, let him be.

Lmao Prime Andy would have murkd that kid.

A lot of white people hated him for obvious reasons. .

black people hated him too, he attended kkk rallies and agreed with a lot of their shit

i dont know how much shit he copped for being an american muslim, that doesn't seem to go down too well nowadays

to take an extreme example, im sure hitler was just standing up for what he believed in too, pity it wasnt very nice

Back