News Adesanya does not plan on fighting Whittaker in September. Wants more time after his past year.

If they're serious about doing a stadium in australia they won't get one in september. That's football and rugby finals. October or november would work way better.

He fought six times in barely over a year in the ufc. He's more than earned a little break to heal up and enjoy his life before he fights for the title.

Izzy knows he's earned this but he seems pretty financially savvy. he can leverage this well deserved break. If the UFC wants to have the big australian card in september, they can throw enough money at Izzy that he can't refuse.

They are making it the next Aussie card je had no choice anyway.

I have a feeling Robert Whittaker won't be able to stay healthy.
I'd like to see Israel v Jacare if not. It'll shut people up about him not fighting elite grapplers.

I get it, that was a hell of a fight on top of his busy schedule it just sucks we will only get to see Robert fight once this year...

UAE card is September 7 and UFC usually skips a week or two, but let's say it's September 21 in Sydney...

8 week camp would start on July 27, which would mean from today he will get 14.5 weeks of rest. 14.5 WEEKS. I think he'll fight in September myself.

Smart move by him. It gives him time to plan for Whittaker. There's no way in hell they will strip him after he's had 6-7 fights in a year.

Dude has time to rest and lick his wounds now. September is quite a ways away.

At latest he should be fighting in October.

Not really. He just fought, he needs time to recover from the fight and training camp and that takes some time. If he's gonna fight in September it means he needs to be in camp June. He would have a months rest tops and then back to training. Not really enough for a guy who's fought 5x in the past 12 months.

I like how we've gone from 5'9 to 5'6 and now 5'5. Shows that you are a hater. Gastelum is as tall as DC who is the hw champion
He's 5"5 I'm not UFC I don't add 4 inches

Israel has fought six times in little over a year. He deserves a little time off. I would say NYE card but I doubt they would do an NYE in Australia.

So intern champs decide when to fight the actual CHAMP?

If he's not willing to fight the champion, strip him and move on to the next contender

So few people understand what interim means. He's only champ while Whitaker is out. Once Whitaker returns the interim is over. If Adesanya isn't willing to fight, then that belt should go away. Isn't really a stripping, it's just that the interim period is over. Just like a substitute teacher is gone when the real teacher comes back.

Say what you want, that Izzy is overrated, but he's honest. He said in the post fight presser that Gastelum kind of forced his hand on taking some time off. Dude deserves it. He's 6-0 in a year and some change. But realistically he still might fight in September knowing him.

Back